Cyclists and red traffic lights

MtbCpt

I get up to train at 4 for one reason only, it affords me the oppurtunity to ride on QUITE roads without having to stop at every single red traffic light.  I am however cautious, but if you don't like it, TOUGH!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why stop at 4 in the morning at a red traffic light when theres nothing happening? You'll look like a phucking idiot! and then end up in hospital for getting stabbed for a mobile or whatever else you carry in your pockets.

One day michelle is gonna start a sad topic with your name mentioned in the contents and guess who's not gonna have any sympathy.

PS. I'm leaving the smiley face of this one on purpose.

Robotech, where do you work and live?  I need to send you 300000kg of Semtex to help you get over that one!

Why stop at 4 in the morning at a red traffic light when theres nothing happening? You'll look like a phucking idiot! and then end up in hospital for getting stabbed for a mobile or whatever else you carry in your pockets.

Jason , Im with you on this one - NO cars - go for it , slight indication of traffic - dont take chances - simple - if you wanna stop in the middle of nowhere with no cars in sight - you can look like a poephol - no problem.

Wie ken die gesegde " Die mag van die Gewoonte" ?

As jy jouself dinge aanleer, soos neuskrap in die gerage, poep in die sitkamer,... na 'n ruk vergeet jy waar jy dit doen en jy doen dit omdat dit 'n gewoonte geword het.

you catch my drift?

Mampara, what prevents the oke from skipping the red light when it's green for you?!?!  That's why I say, LOOK, if quite go, otherwise STOP!!

Have not been on one of the hub rides, but with differing view's must be quite something to see when approaching a light.

Wie ken die gesegde " Die mag van die Gewoonte" ?

As jy jouself dinge aanleer' date=' soos neuskrap in die gerage, poep in die sitkamer,... na 'n ruk vergeet jy waar jy dit doen en jy doen dit omdat dit 'n gewoonte geword het.

you catch my drift?[/quote']

Well said Popeye...ek like dit - sekere kinders gaan dit nie so lekka verstaan nie - nog voor hulle tyd. Confused

scotty, no.  On all the rides we've stopped (including me and Jason), BUT the rides were NOT at 04:00!

dont worry about ewep' date=' he only skip the reds between 4 and 5h30 in the morning. any groupride after that, he will stop [/quote']

He has to skip it that time of the morning, he want to get to the first batch of fresh pies from the pie shop.

This time I will add a smiley face. LOL

Bob, I understand that you feel he has changed the tone of the article from a condemnation of the cyclist to a rant and rave at the lowest level. I don't condone his tone, but I understand that he is frustrated. I don't think that his use of obscene language is unjustified or gratuitous (I think that's the right word) . Taking out your frustration on a kid sitting on a potty (or not as it sounds like in your case) is totally different to the article at hand. Would this article stand up in a mainstream newspaper... definitely not! Is he right? You agree he is.. do you respect his point of view? maybe... do you like his style of writing... certainly not. Should I be working instead of writing this ummmm

Pass the salt please

Popeye, dankie.  En jy kan nog 30 minute op die 05:30 aftrek (BTW, hoe't jy geweet?!?!)

scotty' date=' no.  On all the rides we've stopped (including me and Jason), BUT the rides were NOT at 04:00![/quote']

I'm with you Ewep i believe one can safely and cautiously go through red when the time and place is right, only the foolish will try argue with a metal monster.

Bob' date=' I understand that you feel he has changed the tone of the article from a condemnation of the cyclist to a rant and rave at the lowest level. I don't condone his tone, but I understand that he is frustrated. I don't think that his use of obscene language is unjustified or gratuitous (I think that's the right word) . Taking out your frustration on a kid sitting on a potty (or not as it sounds like in your case) is totally different to the article at hand. Would this article stand up in a mainstream newspaper... definitely not! Is he right? You agree he is.. do you respect his point of view? maybe... do you like his style of writing... certainly not. Should I be working instead of writing this ummmm

Pass the salt please
[/quote']

Fair enough.