USN for Kids - Twitter war

Thorn199

Are you for real? Some ad hominem attacks and saying "Look! USN isn't the only one! Stop picking on poor old USN!" is the best you can come up with?

Maybe USN should have paid more for a professional to write the above reply.

Also: USN under threat by a question being asked on Twitter? Wow, must be a pretty shaky business if your business can be threatened by a simple question.

This is moving away from a product related query to a brand bashing exercise. The brand is irrelevant, the real question is where does the industry go for regulation?

In my opinion, a self regulated industry is only a short term solution, but long term the most dangerous because it makes its own rules. The only question is WHO should regulate? Government, private enterprise, HFL......

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is moving away from a product related query to a brand bashing exercise. The brand is irrelevant, the real question is where does the industry go for regulation?

In my opinion, a self regulated industry is only a short term solution, but long term the most dangerous because it makes its own rules. The only question is WHO should regulate? Government, private enterprise, HFL......

I really hope USN isn't paying you, because you're doing an awful job of trying to defend the indefensible.

So does your boy use the supplements from USN (or any other supplement brand)? If not, will you consider it?

(not flaming, just asking your opinion)

If you read my post very carefully it makes no reference to supplements or supplement brands.

It makes a point that activity in kids stretches far beyond physical activity.

My kid (I will guarantee you) is far healthier than any 8 year old you have ever come across.

All these parents and even Jarrod preaching this "crap we put in our bodies" message need must really be super humans with their own home grown veggies and organic eggs and boreholes in their backyards.

We all take in rubbish on a daily basis, how much of it we can limit is what's important.

So to answer you, yes I give my kid whatever I deem as good enough for him provided I am happy.

Wow, gotta get myself sponsored by USN! Seems one of the unintended consequences is that I'll stop noticing irony.

You just spoke so much crap in that sentence that you must have read it 20 times by now and still not have a clue what you were trying to say.

I understand that some kids like Dangle mentioned have issues with getting down normal food and perhaps there is an argument for supplements in that respect. I still think that is dangerous because you are not teaching your kids what normal food is or about.

Just to correct you, as I think you interpreted what I said wrong.

He is very happy with normal food, but on a Monday morning when he has to be up rather early to go off to school, it's a real battle.

Spent some time with friends on Sunday, they were trying really hard to get some food in to their kid in the morning, by 11:00 am he was ready to eat Van Gaalens empty.

Always had my doubts but then I saw USN selling Power Balance bands... How can you take anything serious from a company happy to slap their logo on a Power Balance band????

clap.gif clap.gif clap.gifclap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

You just spoke so much crap in that sentence that you must have read it 20 times by now and still not have a clue what you were trying to say.

Ugh, I don't have the time or the patience to try and explain irony to you.

The mere fact that you can't see the irony in your statement merely highlights the fact that you're blind to any criticism of USN.

If you read my post very carefully it makes no reference to supplements or supplement brands.

It makes a point that activity in kids stretches far beyond physical activity.

My kid (I will guarantee you) is far healthier than any 8 year old you have ever come across.

All these parents and even Jarrod preaching this "crap we put in our bodies" message need must really be super humans with their own home grown veggies and organic eggs and boreholes in their backyards.

We all take in rubbish on a daily basis, how much of it we can limit is what's important.

So to answer you, yes I give my kid whatever I deem as good enough for him provided I am happy.

Thus my question...

Anyway, no children of my own so clueless on the subject. At first the idea of giving kids supplements sounded crazy as i was raised on groente, skaaptjops and rys met sous- but the more i think about it, the more i think that supplements (barring contamination of some sort) is much better than the Mcds and **** from KFC that parents put down their children's mouths.

Maar ek het groen koring op die land- nietemin interessante topic...

3 posts? Seriously? And Dangle likes your post? sounds like a bunch of USN 8==D holders.

If you are affiliated with USN in ANY matter, your comment is irrelevant.

Sorry, I didn't realize that the relevance of a persons comment was based on the amounts of posts made. If so, I have increased by 200%today alone so I may have just gained some respect.

Never intended to step on toes.

Ugh, I don't have the time or the patience to try and explain irony to you.

The mere fact that you can't see the irony in your statement merely highlights the fact that you're blind to any criticism of USN.

No, it's not a time issue, it's that you simply have no idea what you are actually trying to say.

It would have been ironic if I attacked someone in that post, but sadly for you I didn't.

It's really immature to ask questions publicly on a platform such as twitter where word count is extremely limited.

Someone actually tweeted during this whole fun and games that if one was to post the details of direct messages, then their credibility has gone with it.

To be very honest, some of the other tweet peeps made it look very much like a vendetta with tweets such a @702 USN CEO bullies little guy.

@GarethCliff USN CEO bullies ..........

And so it went on, yeah I must say, a real mature way about it.

Really...Let's all phone and see how many get through to the CEO for a round table discussion.

Welcome to 2012 ! twitter is the only platform to get through to these big corporates..

If the companies believe so avidly in their products THEIR response would have been more mature. If the CEO can only string a few washed out threats in response to valid questions, imagine the calibre of his marketing department !

Thus my question...

Anyway, no children of my own so clueless on the subject. At first the idea of giving kids supplements sounded crazy as i was raised on groente, skaaptjops and rys met sous- but the more i think about it, the more i think that supplements (barring contamination of some sort) is much better than the Mcds and **** from KFC that parents put down their children's mouths.

Maar ek het groen koring op die land- nietemin interessante topic...

What I do find quite ironic (learnt a new word today)

The very same people attacking these supplement companies are the same folks who shove oodles of Kentucky and Maccie D's down their throats.

Their excuse "with my fast paced job and pressure I have, it's the most convenient"

No, it's not a time issue, it's that you simply have no idea what you are actually trying to say.

It would have been ironic if I attacked someone in that post, but sadly for you I didn't.

Since we are on about nutrition, why are you feeding the troll? He's clearly just out to push your buttons and seems to be borderline personal about it too. Just ignore the knob.

Sorry, I didn't realize that the relevance of a persons comment was based on the amounts of posts made. If so, I have increased by 200%today alone so I may have just gained some respect.

Never intended to step on toes.

Are you Gareth Powell from USN?

OK, I'll write really slowly and try to use small words so you can stay with me:

1. Jarradvz asks question

2. USN CEO tries to bully Jarradvz by threatening him with lawyers if he asks the question again

3. Issue gets widespread publication

4. USN sponsored person complains that USN is getting bullied by social commentators

5. Irony

Really...Let's all phone and see how many get through to the CEO for a round table discussion.

Welcome to 2012 ! twitter is the only platform to get through to these big corporates..

If the companies believe so avidly in their products THEIR response would have been more mature. If the CEO can only string a few washed out threats in response to valid questions, imagine the calibre of his marketing department !

2012 ?

Didn't realise that.