Rockshox service kits

Handlebar

After "forking" out a small fortune for a basic fork service I've decided to have a go at it myself next time. I'm struggling to find everything I need in one place though.

Any idea where I can get a service kit, oil, wiper seals, lubricant for a rockshox recon silver fork?

CRC don't seem to have anything for Recon. The SA stores don't seem to stock it. The online store I have found don't ship to SA.

I've found some stuff on e-bay but I'd prefer to get everything in one go to save on delivery costs.

Any advice? What else do I need to get?

I can help you with all the consumables as well as the various special tools.

To do this regularly and without too much trouble you need.

1) Tapered 1/4" drive 10mm socket (and driver)

2) Curved pick

3) 1.5mm screwdriver style allen key.

4) O-rings

5) Crush washers

6) Wipers and oil seals

7) Oil

8) Grease

9) Vernier (every workshop must have a vernier callipers in anyway).

10) Seal inserter

11) Steel tyre lever.

2) Curved pick

4) O-rings

5) Crush washers

6) Wipers and oil seals

7) Oil

8) Grease

10) Seal inserter

11) Steel tyre lever.

Johan, do you service the older scott tc shocks as well?

And can we also get RS motion control dampers from you. Looking for an Argyle or Tora unit.

2) Curved pick

4) O-rings

5) Crush washers

6) Wipers and oil seals

7) Oil

8) Grease

10) Seal inserter

11) Steel tyre lever.

Please pm me some prices too?

What is a seal inserter?

Edited by Handlebar

After "forking" out a small fortune for a basic fork service I've decided to have a go at it myself next time. I'm struggling to find everything I need in one place though.

Any idea where I can get a service kit, oil, wiper seals, lubricant for a rockshox recon silver fork?

CRC don't seem to have anything for Recon. The SA stores don't seem to stock it. The online store I have found don't ship to SA.

I've found some stuff on e-bay but I'd prefer to get everything in one go to save on delivery costs.

Any advice? What else do I need to get?

I got my Recon service kids from my local dealer. Go with Johan Bornman as he gave me advise that time and worked out perfectly for me.

2) Curved pick

4) O-rings

5) Crush washers

6) Wipers and oil seals

7) Oil

8) Grease

10) Seal inserter

11) Steel tyre lever.

Please spill the beans right here so everyone can see the prices (obviously can change without prior notification)

Enduro seal kits as well for Revelations please...

Please spill the beans right here so everyone can see the prices (obviously can change without prior notification)

Enduro seal kits as well for Revelations please...

+1!!

You want to do lowers service it seems?

Get a 500ml Catrol magnatec from the garage or Makro etc and use that for oil , Johan Bornman confirmed that's good for lowers oil and that's pretty much all you'll need for lowers service. That's all I needed and my RS Revelations are still smooth as butter 4 months later.

Your existing seals will probably all be fine if the forks are reasonably new and well looked after.

Replace all the seals including the ones you mentioned only when doing a full service that includes the uppers service..... or if you notice they clearly need replacing whilst doing the lowers service.

Edited by Skylark

Get a 500ml Catrol magnatec from the garage or Makro etc and use that for oil , Johan Bornman confirmed that's good for lowers oil and that's pretty much all you'll need for lowers service. That's all I needed and my RS Revelations are still smooth as butter 4 months later.

Your existing seals will probably all be fine if the forks are reasonably new and well looked after.

Replace all the seals including the ones you mentioned only when doing a full service that includes the uppers service..... or if you notice they clearly need replacing whilst doing the lowers service.

Thanks for the advice.

I got my Recon service kids from my local dealer. Go with Johan Bornman as he gave me advise that time and worked out perfectly for me.

Who's your local dealer?

Just to be 100% clear - Castrol Magnatec can only be used for the lowers service - Uppers service you must use the manufacturers specified fork oil and nothing else , do not forget that!!!!!