PPA vs Cyclelab hosting the league in CPT?

mp321

i think the break even figure was 287, the wpca gave league the go ahead when it was around 150 because if a season is missed becos of low numbers then it will be so much harder to regain lost riders.

Hmmm, okay.

Thanx for the info.

Hope there will be good buy-in for Summer.

:-)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance of stars-in-training bunch being implemented again IF summer league goes ahead?

ppa introduced them now they don't want them - too many complaints on a monday morning. i would like to introduce a similar group but with channels of discipline built in ie if a rider is riding in a dangerous manner then it must be noted and the rider must be disciplined. i noted that last year there were always complaints about certain riders from a certain school, get the ppa / race ref to approach the chairman/coach/manager and tell him/her his rider no ??? is riding *** don't allow him to ride until he has cleaned up his game. they word will quickly get out, shape up or ship out.

Interesting reading these comments. When i rode elites somes 20 years ago it was exactly the same as what i am reading here today. it would make more sence then of combining league into the longer distance fun rides as someone mentioned already. How much do you guys pay for each race as a matter of interest?

between R200-R250 per race, I'm not prepared to pay that price for 1x hill climb which will probably last 10mins at most or to cycle a crit for 1hour where I can get the same for R30 @ Killarney on Wednesdays

between R200-R250 per race, I'm not prepared to pay that price for 1x hill climb which will probably last 10mins at most or to cycle a crit for 1hour where I can get the same for R30 @ Killarney on Wednesdays

Elite entry fee for the series of 6 races was R990.

Paardeberg - 104 km, Lady Loch 54 km, Red Hill 4.2 km, WCE 85 km , DHS 95 km , Atlantis 77 km , it was a pity we weren't able to include Klein J'berg and that the Td Worcester was replaced by Lady Loch. no crits were raced.

you cant simply compare Killarney's (44km in the height of summer, 30-35 in early days) price to another crit..

Your extra money goes to people like think bike, Commissaires, line adjudicator/photographers. any road fees etc.

same with the rest of the calendar, yes you can race A group for 100 bucks, but if you want points(I know i know), commissaires, Marshals, and for racing cats they need to pay over CSA license fees also not included in funride prices.

Last year spring league was 3/4 races max, this year at least there were more.plus the hill climb was propper and not a roller. Actual climbers won it, and that made the racing very tight at the top (of SV anyway)

if you want to moan about price then go race in A, B or C, otherwise support the series and race hard and enjoy it.

ok so i take it you guys are all riding league because you love the sport? is there any money for the person who wins league over all?

Yes there is prize money.. I don't do it because there is prizemoney, but that it's there is a nice incentive. I would still race if there was none. In fact all the top racers last season said they would rather have no prizemoney and spend the funds on a proper integrated timing system.

In fact I didn't even think about it until the end of the season, now I'm waiting for my paycheck tongue.png