Cyclist knocked down in St James this morning

babse

I am definitely packing my action camera when I head down to CT later this month. Even though I'm only really going to be driving around 1 day (Constantia to Tygervalley to Rondebosch to Constantia) the resultant footage will most likely prove the menace that GA buses are. I know they are a menace as I have lived in CT previously (for 2 years) and I go down frequently.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope someone can help the family. A link to the story: http://www.iol.co.za...urial-1.1415660

I think PPA, GA bus services and the CIty could take this up a matter of principal. Sure they don't want every MVA victim to come knocking but this guy died during Non Motorised transport Month doing what most of us shold be doing, riding his bike to work.

He died at the hands of an organisation whose employees commit every moving violation its possible to commit in a bus.

Mr Carlisle should show some leadership in this matter since he is rather slow in making the roads safer through legislation and policing.

Guest Frail4Life

I hope someone can help the family. A link to the story: http://www.iol.co.za/capetimes/cyclist-s-family-struggle-to-pay-for-burial-1.1415660

I have started a Collection on behalf of the Same family. GA Do not want to say up front if they will cover the Costs! The transport alone for the Family is going to be Difficult. Response from Mayors office is Suggesting RAF? It is a shame all these CEO can not help?

I have started a Collection on behalf of the Same family. GA Do not want to say up front if they will cover the Costs! The transport alone for the Family is going to be Difficult. Response from Mayors office is Suggesting RAF? It is a shame all these CEO can not help?

FRAIL you have good intentions but with those out there in need its not possible to always give. Please continue your good work but do not get frustrated as each "No" is one closer to that "Yes"

FRAIL you have good intentions but with those out there in need its not possible to always give. Please continue your good work but do not get frustrated as each "No" is one closer to that "Yes"

What about the Company whose driver killed the Cyclist in the first place!!

Guest Frail4Life

What about the Company whose driver killed the Cyclist in the first place!!

GA first want to find the Driver liable!

GA first want to find the Driver liable!

BS!!cursing.gif

As an act of goodwill / generosity, they should contribute something to the funeral. Afterall, it is their Bus / Driver who directly caused the cyclist's death, immaterial of the circumstances surrounding it.

Edited by Wannabe

The memorial Ghost Bike at the scene of the incident.

From the PPA website:

http://www.pedalpower.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/CIMG3959-w200-h600.jpg

Edited by Puncheur