I love this stripper......

MuddyMike

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any hubbers out there planning to strip a frame soon? 1st 4 hubbers to post of pic of the frame they want to strip will get 1L of this stripper free courtesy of Plascon.

Got some motorbike fairings to strip soon & some MTB odds & ends ie;handlebars.

Could do with a courtesy 1L if nobody else is thumbup1.gif whistling.gif

Thank you MuddyMike, much appreciated. I'll definitely give it a try as soon as I can find some.

Let me know where you're based and I will get you enough for a frame strip.

Got some motorbike fairings to strip soon & some MTB odds & ends ie;handlebars.

Could do with a courtesy 1L if nobody else is thumbup1.gif whistling.gif

No problem, let me know where you're based and I will get you a liter. Edited by MuddyMike

MuddyMike will you paint the frame yourself and if so what paint do you use?

I have sprayed the fork myself ! white with a high gloss clear coat. I will most probably get the frame coated by a pro. I will use a high quality 2k Waterbased automotive coating system from Spies Hecker or Standox. Not going to compromise the finish after the strip came out so nicely.

Will it strip rust off a half primed trailer?

I want to use it on some cranks I had painted and now look like rubbish

RemovAll will take the primer bits off, but not rust. There are some commercial rust removers available. Check out Builder Warehouse, they do have a selection of these products.

Any hubbers out there planning to strip a frame soon? 1st 4 hubbers to post of pic of the frame they want to strip will get 1L of this stripper free courtesy of Plascon.

If the offer's still on... I'm want to strip my Giant OCR3 this weekend :)

If the offer's still on... I'm want to strip my Giant OCR3 this weekend smile.png

Sure, send me your contact details.

Any chance you'll send some down to Cpt for my Giant's frame?whistling.gif whistling.gif

ok, youve twisted my rubber arm! Send me your contact details.

Will it strip powdercoating...?

If you speak to the experts they'll tell you that powdercoating can only be removed with either media blasting (not recommended) or acid bath.

I managed to strip a powdercoated frame with nitromors and hard work... a LOT of hard work! Next time I'll just pay for the acid bath.

Yip, no problem.

I'd like to try. I used about 4 different paint strippers trying to strip the powdercoating on a frame. most just bubble the outer part of the coat. Industrial strangth Nitromors was the only one that kinda got down to the alu. But even then, I spent many hours with steel wool, polishing the paint off the metal.

If you speak to the experts they'll tell you that powdercoating can only be removed with either media blasting (not recommended) or acid bath.

I managed to strip a powdercoated frame with nitromors and hard work... a LOT of hard work! Next time I'll just pay for the acid bath.

I'd like to try. I used about 4 different paint strippers trying to strip the powdercoating on a frame. most just bubble the outer part of the coat. Industrial strangth Nitromors was the only one that kinda got down to the alu. But even then, I spent many hours with steel wool, polishing the paint off the metal.

Not a great idea to blast ALU and an acid bath nuke.gif ....eina....Hydrogen Embrittlement nuke.gif = weak spots eek.gif . There are so many different paint systems out there and each reacts differently. I will send you some and let us know if it works. if it works you wont be needing hours or steelwool! Send me your number.

Let me know where you're based and I will get you enough for a frame strip.

Sent you a pm now. Stay on the West Rand, near Clearwater mall.

Have just collected an On One Scandal frame in British Racing Green. She has a lot of scratches and nicks so I am going to strip/media blast to raw alloy and then clear coat! I hope it looks amazing!