MTB trails in the Democratic Republic of Congo

shawny

Hi, anyone ridden in The DRC yet, i am going there for work and may want to go riding if there are trails to safely ride....Please let me know

contact David Lappies at Cyclelab in PTA, he has lots of experience of riding in the DRC. In most cases they leave the Muzungo alone to his own crazy ways.

Absolutely!

For how long are you going? Never mind riding its a rough placeeek.gif

couple o days, Ive been talkin to the embassy and people from there,apparently not that bad-not perfect, but hey....look where we live...all the bike jackings/killings/hijacking etc.....

contact David Lappies at Cyclelab in PTA, he has lots of experience of riding in the DRC. In most cases they leave the Muzungo alone to his own crazy ways.

MUCh apreciated man!!

Dude, I have worked all over Africa and I am telling you to forget it. Save yourself a pile of frustrasion and green us dollars and leave the bike at home. No border official is as nice as you would like them to be.

Rather borrow someones swartdikwiel and cruise around. Or buy a cheap Chinese bike there. It will be cheaper. Or start running

Absolutely!

couple o days, Ive been talkin to the embassy and people from there,apparently not that bad-not perfect, but hey....look where we live...all the bike jackings/killings/hijacking etc.....

Where about in the DRC? just had a colleague back from there, took her MTB with her.