To the b@st@rd that stole my rudy's

4u2nv

I handed in a pair of Rudys at Epic after day one..left my number...the knob collected and didnt bother calling me to say thanks...

I should have "taxed him" as MorewoodMad Says. whistling.gif

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the late 90's I was racing Nationals in Hilton, 1998 I think it was. We drove up from PE. I remember the race fondly, was seeded 1st on the line clap.gif After the race was done, bike put onto the bike rack and everyone was showered, it was time for the prize giving. Afterwards we walked back to the cars. A mate's bike that was hanging right next to mine, someone stole his XT jockey clean off the bike. As you know, you can't take a jockey off without 1) breaking the chain or 2) taking at least 1 jockey wheel off to weave the chain out. The crook did all that and re-attached the chain nicely. So it must have been a cyclist with either a chain tool or set of allen-keys. What was strange though, is that my bike with XTR jockey was left alone.

In the late 90's I was racing Nationals in Hilton, 1998 I think it was. We drove up from PE. I remember the race fondly, was seeded 1st on the line clap.gif After the race was done, bike put onto the bike rack and everyone was showered, it was time for the prize giving. Afterwards we walked back to the cars. A mate's bike that was hanging right next to mine, someone stole his XT jockey clean off the bike. As you know, you can't take a jockey off without 1) breaking the chain or 2) taking at least 1 jockey wheel off to weave the chain out. The crook did all that and re-attached the chain nicely. So it must have been a cyclist with either a chain tool or set of allen-keys. What was strange though, is that my bike with XTR jockey was left alone.

I even left my garmin on the bike. guess he only needed sunny's

But I propose your next purchase...

devil.gif

http://www.rudyprojectusa.com/images/products/SP228842_full.jpg

But I propose your next purchase...

devil.gif

http://www.rudyprojectusa.com/images/products/SP228842_full.jpg

That's hot.

I must ad, i am very slapgat. I always leave my stuff on the bike. I thought us cyclists are genuine peope. never in 5 years have something been taken.

Sorry about your loss, but honestly this is South Africa! you're lucky you still have your bike and helmet...

Vaseline would indicate gentle ,,,,, that price not so much!!!

Sounds more like "papa wag vir jou price"

At a SAMCOR race in Pretoria a few years ago a guy recognised his Trek 1200 that was stole. The devlopment rider claimed he bought it from someone. Cops later ound out it was the development rider himself that stole the bike. He went to jail.