2012 Burger Route Training Rides

Wannabe

Posted on another thread would like to join with my MTB, how many groups are there now and at what speeds so that one know were to slot in.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is the room for newbie ?

ALWAYS PLACE FOR MORE

Okay, if brekkies is part of the plan, esp somewhere within (and not after) the ride, I may alter my plans and not come through with the bakkie. I may ride through with the bike and join up and then peel off when we pass Paarl again. Will watch the thread and confirm my plans - but will be there unless something major rocks up.

THINK THE BREKKIE WILL BE AFTER THE RIDE. MAYBE A QUICK COFFEE STOP, BUT DOUBT IT.

Posted on another thread would like to join with my MTB, how many groups are there now and at what speeds so that one know were to slot in.

WELCOME TO JOIN. DIFFICULT TO SAY WHAT THE SPEEDS WILL BE, BUT FASTER GROUP (IF THERE IS ENOUGH RIDERS) WILL BE 25km/h + AVG.

OK, seems like a good turnout might be on hands. Following riders confirmed / showed interest.

1) Wannabe

2) DisyLizzy

3) Spat

4) alsoran

5)Buzzman

6) SyncSA

7) hellocolour + 1

8) MickeyMouse

9) Berry

10) Many Lemons and Co.

11) One Time

12) MCipollini

13) AN. Other

14) SeaBee

15) Harkore Kandy

16) Nathan Rhoda

17) MCB

18) Reg Lizard

19) IndianRoadRunner

20) Kimma

Seems there will be a lot of MTB in the mixAs Puncher says, "MAKE DA CIRCLE BEEGA!!!"

Edit = Seabee, better?

Edited by Wannabe

emm excuse my ignorance this would be kinda like a group ride. i have taken part in a group ride im scared blush.png

Nothin to be scared of, we'll be gentle with you. whistling.gif whistling.gif

You have to ride in a group sooner or later, this is as good a time as any. There will be enough experienced cyclists around to assist you.

How fit are you? (how long have you been cycling?)

Nothin to be scared of, we'll be gentle with you. whistling.gif whistling.gif

You have to ride in a group sooner or later, this is as good a time as any. There will be enough experienced cyclists around to assist you.

How fit are you? (how long have you been cycling?)

been cycling a month now blush.png biggest distance i covered to date is 62km for kuilsriver to Gbay with a slight head wind on the way up, y average speed was 22km/hblush.png ( according to a strava app i have on my phone)

thats why im scared you guys myt pull away , but i need it i suppose ?

been cycling a month now blush.png biggest distance i covered to date is 62km for kuilsriver to Gbay with a slight head wind on the way up, y average speed was 22km/hblush.png ( according to a strava app i have on my phone)

thats why im scared you guys myt pull away , but i need it i suppose ?

It is easier in a group, your avg goes up as you get pulled along. Although this ride is not going to be at a hectic pace, the last few km has got a bit of a sting in the tail, seeing that your longest ride up to now was 62km.

You entered for the Burger? If yes, this ride will be good for you, even if it is just to test you to see where you are at this stage.

It is easier in a group, your avg goes up as you get pulled along. Although this ride is not going to be at a hectic pace, the last few km has got a bit of a sting in the tail, seeing that your longest ride up to now was 62km.

You entered for the Burger? If yes, this ride will be good for you, even if it is just to test you to see where you are at this stage.

i havent entered for the Burger i think entries are still open i wuld like to do it maybe i will give this one a go if i complete it then i will ride in the burger.

Spat not joining us this weekend, he says we too slow for him.... wink.png

Spat's rolling in D these days.

That takes a lot of superpowers.

Spat's rolling in D these days.

That takes a lot of superpowers.

Don't tell anyone, but he'll be joining you guys in the League come summer.....

@Wannabe,

Nathan Rhoda is one of Many Lemon's crew.

thumbup1.gif

Yup, Know that Nate is part of "Da Cuzzins". Just don't know if the whole "tribe" is gonna be there. whistling.gif whistling.gif

Don't tell anyone, but he'll be joining you guys in the League come summer.....

I have been chirping at him for months, Buzz.

Glad he's gonna make the leap.

It'll be awesome.

Yup, Know that Nate is part of "Da Cuzzins". Just don't know if the whole "tribe" is gonna be there. whistling.gif whistling.gif

They're pretty pumped up to be there.

At least 4 of them.

Racing is in their blood now. thumbup1.gif