Langebaan Lagoon Cycle Challenge

Cippo

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, lost the bunch twice. Not cool

Was that you chilling in the back of Capcha's van on the top of 'that freakiin onidige Mamba Hill'.

Capcha dont forget to photoshop my finish by putting in the swoosh to make me go faster up Mamba.

Daai mamba pik, Boeta!

Well done.

Thanx. I'm feeling the bite wounds of the rollers and Mamba now.

Was that you chilling in the back of Capcha's van on the top of 'that freakiin onidige Mamba Hill'.

Yes it was

Great day and great event.

Reckon a great training ride for 70.3.

Edited by bclark

Thanx. I'm feeling the bite wounds of the rollers and Mamba now.

Jy gaan lekka slaap vanaand...

:-D

Capcha, thanks again for the lift. I really didnt want to take the drive back myself. Enjoy the 94.7

cool cool. Was nice to meet another hubber. Will call u for a ride sometime. just arrived in jozi. going to get to bed now, not a good 04:00 person and gotto do it again in the morning for 94.7.

Great event and i can honestly say i saw none of the great views.

First 20 were shocking and took nearly 30kms to actually warm the legs up and stop suffering from the rollers. No one wanted to work on the front while the wind blew before the first turn then everyone was all over it.

Did a 2:40 in K-M, lost my catseye and found the mamba not that bad but a beast at the end of 80kms.

Memory of the day, constantly getting dropped by an older guy in a 80's jersey, 80's frame, down tube shifter and the worlds most annoying creak. I must have looked like such a douche, all white shorts and carbon!

Capcha dont forget to photoshop my finish by putting in the swoosh to make me go faster up Mamba.

Haha. i will blur u completely to make it look like u were doing 80km/h up the hill http://1.1.1.1/bmi/cdn.bikehub.co.za/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif will have photos up on Monday morning.

Great event and i can honestly say i saw none of the great views.

Memory of the day, constantly getting dropped by an older guy in a 80's jersey, 80's frame, down tube shifter and the worlds most annoying creak. I must have looked like such a douche, all white shorts and carbon!

Brilliant post.

Great memory.

:-D

Pity I missed it - I've rukked my shoulder somehow and it's agony on any climb. It was one of my better more enjoyable races last year ... on my 80's steel, down-tube shifter, 52/42 6-speed bicycle too. Right to the top of the Mamba. Sorry hellocolour. My results were far from outstanding though.

(Someone earlier mentioned Tygerberg hospital has the only snake venom stuff ... here's an interesting tip I heard from my landlord, who's a fire chief. The fire station is your best bet - they have it all on hand for when their guys get bitten in forest fires.)

Great ride and awesome turnout.

<rant on>

Only sour note was some guy in the third bunch that passed us in going in the opposite direction discarding his gel packet into the bushes.

PUT IT BACK IN YOUR JERSEY. It's a national reserve not your personal rubbish tip!

<rant off>

Looking forward to getting the opportunity to doing it again next year

We came from Vredendal 02.30 this morning. Halfway there we hit a drunk guy sleeping in the road. Went over him with the car and trailer. Bikes came loose, luckily did not fall off. After the police arrived and finished the reports it was 07.00. Car was put on a tow truck and we went back home. was really looking forward to this race, since my last ride was the Argus.

Edited by Breezer

We came from Vredendal 02.30 this morning. Halfway there we hit a drunk guy sleeping in the road. Went over him with the car and trailer. Bikes came loose, luckily did not fall off. After the police arrived and finished the reports it was 07.00. Car was put on a tow truck and we went back home. was really looking forward to this race, since my last ride was the Argus.

That sucks. At least you and the bikes came out the other side unscathed