DC Start Times out !

shade

Dear...

By now most of you will be aware of the unrest that is plaguing the area in and around Swellendam, Ashton and Robertson. These areas all form part of the Coronation Double Century route.

We are monitoring the situation on an ongoing basis with both the Provincial and Local authorities. While it is extremely difficult for us to predict what will happen over the next few days, we are proceeding with our plans for the race as scheduled.

Should the unrest continue, a decision on the continuation of the event will be made in the latter half of next week.

Our most important priority is the safety and wellbeing of our participants, backup crew and spectators. Any decision will be taken together with the relevant authorities concerned and with the aforementioned in mind.

We would love to be able to assure you that the event will continue but we must be cognisant of all that is happening around us and elements over which we have no control. We remain optimistic that the situation will stabilise and that we will be welcoming you all to Swellendam next week.

Yours in Safe Cycling

The Coronation Double Century Organising Team

http://1.1.1.5/bmi/cdn.bikehub.co.za/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/sad.png lets hope all works out. i freekin spent a bucket full of money on more gear to take good pix, but lets think positive