Menabo Bike Racks

Rudi Pollard

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the Hijack, but I am also looking for someone who can vouch for these bike racks.

This Marius 3 in particular: 3 bike tow bar mounted carrier for less than the Thule xpress... sounds like a good deal?

Only think I'm not so keen on is that on their website it shows this with two straps that go from the carrier and hook onto your boot lid to stop the carrier falling backwards... should that be necessary?

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking at buying a new bike rack as I still have the Thule Express, which causes quite a lot of damage to the bikes as they are so close together.

I am looking at the following: https://www.buycycle.co.za/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=2446

Does anybody have any experience with these racks?

I also have the Thule Express and was looking at one of these, for the same reasons. Did you buy one?

I have the Winny 2. Moved to this from a Express. They are great racks.

I've got this:

https://www.buycycle.co.za/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=2448

The beauty of this is it uses the same platform as the 3 bike version so if I ever need to upgrade to 3 bikes it's a simple matter of buying the actual ride on bar and bolting it on. I've spaced the racks with a space in the middle so there loads of room between the bikes.

Won't go wrong with Menabo products. They're good quality and easy to use.

• 7 months later...