Giant Anthem x29er Advanced(carbon) VS Santa Cruz Tallboy Carbon

VT2jp

The Tallboy is the holy grail, that thing gives you the right to use singletrack to recover and lest us not forget its replaced the porsche as a mid-life crisis must-have.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to "hit singletrack and steep downhill" neither is a good option. They are both big, heavy, flexy bikes AKA a gate.

I ride a XL anthem and completed both CPT and W2W without problems .I agree that because of the racing geometry steep downhills need more weight to the back .I am tall and handled the steepest downhills that you can imagine at pioneer without ever feeling unsecure .Lots of better downhill bike riders ended up in the track or bushes .With all these racing geometry bikes you have to move your weight well back on single track and downhill .I am building a santacruz tallboy to find out for myself but will keep my anthem frame .My fear is that the SC will not be as good as the anthem .I will be able to tell you once i have ridden the santa .Take nothing away from the anthem .Best allrounder around and the new model is a great deal with full XT and Full fox for R36000.

The Tallboy is the holy grail, that thing gives you the right to use singletrack to recover and lest us not forget its replaced the porsche as a mid-life crisis must-have.

It's a gate, its the holy grail, its a mid-life crises must have... Dude, I honestly don't see where you're going with this.

Maybe your problem is not really with the bike, but rather with those that own one?

the most fun

the best time i had on the karkloof trails was on a sl929

My other bike is a SL729 that i use for shorter races .Love the bike ,but that maestro suspension is o so sweet !

and feedback: First ride on the SC TBc - words cannot describe!!! This bike just wants to go, and fast!!! Puts any bike I've ever ridden in the hurt locker...

And what else have you ridden? It's highly relevant given your feedback.