Is this rideable?

DBK

What do you think? I realize that the cut is pretty deep, but the tyres are brand new, only ridden about 150km. Other than this cut, these Schwalbe Ultremos are 100% brand new.

Is it risky to ride it because of the cut?

post-29968-0-23447700-1353497584_thumb.jpg

Edited by DBK

Agree with Iron, if the tube does not make a bubble trough the cut ride it until it does.Just for safety patch the tire on the inside

turn it inside out and ride it

eek.gif

dont joke like that some dude will try it ....................

http://1.1.1.5/bmi/cdn.bikehub.co.za/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/eek.gif

dont joke like that some dude will try it ....................

hehe.... yes. kids dont try it at home or in the park or in a dark room with the girl next door

Superglue inside the cut. Sand down that cut ever so slightly, whack a load of rubber cement inside, then sand that lightly when it's done.

Put a tyre boot on the inside to ensure nothing that gets into the cut goes into your tube.

(almost) good as new.

I have fixed a couple of those before. To date the best remedy I have found is... Take a 2l coke bottle. You will notice that the contour of the bottle enables you to cut a patch size piece of the plastic out that perfectly fits the shape of the tyre. Super glue or better still contact adhesive it into place. Inflate and problem is gone. There is also no risk of a sharp object cutting the tube through the hole. One day when you trash that tyre you will discover the plastic patch inside and remember this easy diy fix.