Die Burger Cycle Tour

Cippo

Nothing left for her to read while you're cycli... oh never mind, I'm trouble looking for a place to happen! whistling.gif

I got a copy of My Family ... she wont be reading that! Maybe the Lord of the rings trilogy will hold her down consider my times

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a copy of My Family ... she wont be reading that! Maybe the Lord of the rings trilogy will hold her down consider my times

laugh.png

I thought all women are reading the Tril-ogy of 50 Shades of grey.

got my entry finally clap.gif

searched whole week and was starting to give up hope, but luckily i found 1...

now just to do the substitution (R150 to change from short to long route + R50 subbstitution feethumbdown.gif )

Nevertheless, hoping to finish sub 2:45.....

Qu, for warm up, what warm up will be best to do?? a few short sprints in the surrounding roads??

or what do you guys do to get the legs warm??

For your interest - my Burger from last year starting from $ and with a strong SE:

30km in 43m (42km/h)

30km in 47m (38km/h)

31km in 48m (39km/h)

91km in 2h18 (40km/h)

Thanks, very helpful. I would have thought that the first 30km would have been the slowest because of the big climb in the beginning.

yeah that i learnt before in last years race without warming up, LOL

is it the same route as last year up the winding pass with that super crappy road and over that gravel piece at the top to get onto the real road at the top of the pass??

Hoping to do a sub 2h30. Just so i can get a A,B start group for the Argus next year. Do you think with a 2h30 Die Burger and a 2h52 94.7 i'll get that sort of seeding.

Guest Frail4Life

Got my number and goodie bag. Dont get excited about goodie bag though. A magazine, deodarant, buchu gel and Tuc biscuits.

That's Leftovers from the DC!

yeah that i learnt before in last years race without warming up, LOL

is it the same route as last year up the winding pass with that super crappy road and over that gravel piece at the top to get onto the real road at the top of the pass??

Yes, it is the same route as last year.

That "super crappy road" has a lot of Cycling history to it. I LOVE RIDING IT,

I.M.O. a lot better than the new road.

Yeah, I also like the old Helz - feels like mtb'ing on a road bike! New road is just... going up. Albeit a bit smoother, but where's the fun in that?!

I trust they'll clean it up a bit like normally, because when we went over there on Sunday, it was a bit... overly interesting. There were places you had to pick your line carefully just for two of us riding together and having full view of obstacles, just from that bit of weather we had on the Sat.

After my (by now notorius) Argus - I think my nerves will start revving up tomorrow and won't stop till I cross the finish line! blush.png Not that having had to fit two new tubes and tyres after Sunday's ride will help calm the nerves...

Yeah, I also like the old Helz - feels like mtb'ing on a road bike! New road is just... going up. Albeit a bit smoother, but where's the fun in that?!

I trust they'll clean it up a bit like normally, because when we went over there on Sunday, it was a bit... overly interesting. There were places you had to pick your line carefully just for two of us riding together and having full view of obstacles, just from that bit of weather we had on the Sat.

After my (by now notorius) Argus - I think my nerves will start revving up tomorrow and won't stop till I cross the finish line! blush.png Not that having had to fit two new tubes and tyres after Sunday's ride will help calm the nerves...

I'll try and keep you cool and relaxed in the starting pens.

What's the stress about? It's just another cycling race. Just enjoy the time on your bike, the rest comes by itself. whistling.gif whistling.gif

Hoping to do a sub 2h30. Just so i can get a A,B start group for the Argus next year. Do you think with a 2h30 Die Burger and a 2h52 94.7 i'll get that sort of seeding.

Most likely C D E...