Die Burger Cycle Tour

Cippo

Yup, that's only 'cos we dropped off.... LOL....

The trip on the R44 was scary. People were on the white line. Big trucks and cars screaming past did'nt make it pleasant at all.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know how the 1 guy is doing who went down about 3kms after the bottom of Helshoogte, just before we took the 1st left turn??? he must have started in group L-N??? He was riding a white and blue Giant TCR 2011/2012 model, when we came past he didnt look well at all with a guy holding his head in place, arms accross his chest and eyes closed??!! There was a car that had stopped just infront of him to obviously make other racers aware and a lady who was diverting the traffic...

Any updates will be good to put ones mind at ease...

Hope he is ok and recovers soon...

Well done.

You put some hard work in for that result, man.

Thanks G, I'm properly stoked about it. You also did really well, all your efforts is also starting to show.

See that Tiny only just managed to beat the ladies. whistling.gif devil.gif . What a brilliant time/position, the big guy can pedal a bicycle.

Edited by Wannabe

Anyone know how the 1 guy is doing who went down about 3kms after the bottom of Helshoogte, just before we took the 1st left turn??? he must have started in group L-N??? He was riding a white and blue Giant TCR 2011/2012 model, when we came past he didnt look well at all with a guy holding his head in place, arms accross his chest and eyes closed??!! There was a car that had stopped just infront of him to obviously make other racers aware and a lady who was diverting the traffic...

Jeez - didn't see that. Sad to hear

Hold thumbs he's all ok.

Was a great race, 2:50 in group F expected a 3:15+ after going on holiday for two weeks just before the race.

The training ride orginised by Wannabe was great as I knew what to expect when, thank you!

I was in W and saw that accident. Hope he is ok.

Was a great race, 2:50 in group F expected a 3:15+ after going on holiday for two weeks just before the race.

The training ride orginised by Wannabe was great as I knew what to expect when, thank you!

Yeah, that training ride was a total mental bonus!

Started in H, was aiming for a 3:30 and managed a 3:10...feeling pretty stoked about that. Must say it felt awesome cycling in a bunch, previously in started in Z and then X for fun rides and it’s a total ball game cycling in a bunch in a higher seeding

Started in H, was aiming for a 3:30 and managed a 3:10...feeling pretty stoked about that. Must say it felt awesome cycling in a bunch, previously in started in Z and then X for fun rides and it’s a total ball game cycling in a bunch in a higher seeding

Nice .... welcome to the house of fun!

Well the D-group was firing yesterdaythumbup1.gif Was 10 bike lenghts off the pace @ the top of Hells, dropped my one domestique (C-rider) chasing my other domestique (B-rider) who was with the front runners- took me 6kilos to hook onto the back of the front runners again- caught them just before Boschendal. Before Paarl we caught a big group of C riders, at that stage about 200 riders in the pack. Cruised leka all the way to Swellington and was blown back to Stellies by the windclap.gif It was big blade stuff the entire race, took the turn back upto Hells towards the finish and we we like 10-15 B, C & D riders with 2kilos to go-with some idiot shouting "So who is going to jump". Was way to early and everyone kept calm until the last 500m. Went on the outside and ended up being beaten by 3 guys by one second for the honours in the D group. Ended up with a time of 2h37.

Was my first race with 32GI in 2 years and must say the stuff rocks big timethumbup1.gif

Must say, i thoroughly enjoyed going down Helshoogte at 72km/h, as i started the descent, i tried to change from small to big chain ring, my chain then slipped off and i thought, going down after fighting that climb, there was no ways i was going to stop to put a chain on!!! so was just wondering if i was going at 72 without being able to pedal and go faster, what were sonme of the top speeds reached of the pro's / elite men going down Hels??

Must say, i thoroughly enjoyed going down Helshoogte at 72km/h, as i started the descent, i tried to change from small to big chain ring, my chain then slipped off and i thought, going down after fighting that climb, there was no ways i was going to stop to put a chain on!!! so was just wondering if i was going at 72 without being able to pedal and go faster, what were sonme of the top speeds reached of the pro's / elite men going down Hels??

Guy from our club taught me trick when chain goes off - shift immediately back to ring you were in and pedal lightly (in case it's struck fast). More often than not it hops right back on. I didn't believe him, but tried it last week and it worked like magic - was back on less than 15s after coming off

Was my first race with 32GI in 2 years and must say the stuff rocks big timethumbup1.gif

Used 32GI for the first time in the race - awesome stuff!

Guy from our club taught me trick when chain goes off - shift immediately back to ring you were in and pedal lightly (in case it's struck fast). More often than not it hops right back on. I didn't believe him, but tried it last week and it worked like magic - was back on less than 15s after coming off

Shot, i will actually try my best to get my chain to fall off now so that i can see if that works...LOLthumbup1.gif

Used 32GI for the first time in the race - awesome stuff!

i also used 32GI that i bought the day before at the local pharmacy...i must agree with your statement there, i think it was awesome!! i will DEFINATELY be using it more often...thumbup1.gif