Die Burger Cycle Tour

Cippo

By the way. Any recommendations of where I can get my wheel fixed up in Cape Town. Mavic Aksium front wheel

Its a pleasure with the lift. Got a few pics of you too. i also played mechanic to a woman and 2 other guys and helped a guy out to use my phone after he crashed and distroyed his(hope his ok) Anyway, i broke 2 spokes at killarney last week, took it to cyclelab in town and had it back the next day. u can always drop it off at my place and Lucy can drop it there. Shes a block from their store

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a guy on the R44 on the rollers before Klamuts, refusing to go into the yellow line with no one before him. Everyone had to pass him either on the inside or on the right, making it more dangerous to pass! Some of the cars on the road also didn't care for the cyclists!

With short route riders joining the long route the short route riders had a tough time.

I rode the short route and you basically expect noobs etc so I expect everyone to ride like a noob. When joining the long route the long route guys came past at a hell ova pace and it was scary for my friend. But I did ride behind and tried to tell everyone to pass a bit wider than what they would normally do.

i saw the "capcha photography" silver van and banner at about 5kms from the end...

Good advertising!!!thumbup1.gif

Do you have a website where you upload all the pics that were taken???

Another qu, why do ALL the photographers from Action Photo and the other company i htink which is called Jetline Pics or something like that, stand at ONE place a time during the race??? like there will be 4 or 5 photographers all standing at one place instaed of them spread along the route??!!

im no photographer, im just wondering if they wont have more chance of snapping more cyclists if they were all at different parts of the course??

Well, I had beer from Windhoek the night before, and my times were so much better than a few months ago when I was drinking Black Label.

So, even though I still love me some Black Label, I'm giving a big up to Windhoek for their excellent product! thumbup1.gif

Also in the pre-diabetic category, so for me it works better. But I drink Heineken...much better.tongue.png

I rode in $, but didn't really do any racing upfront. Wanted to take the last race a bit "easier" and take up everything.

Some of you might've seen my splits from last year and below is from this year:

7km - 15 minutes - 28km/h - 1st Darren Lill and then the first group after him must have done around 13 - 14 minutes.

23km - 31 minutes - 45km/h

30km - 46 minutes - 39km/h

30km - 46 minutes - 39km/h

32km - 39 minutes - 49km/h

92km - 131 minutes - 42km/h

Thanx for the splits, Andy.

Well done, man!

A lot of hard work behind those stats.

Have a good trip to the North.thumbup1.gif

Edited by Puncheur

Also in the pre-diabetic category, so for me it works better. But I drink Heineken...much better.tongue.png

I heard its good before but I wait till after... nothing like a cold beer after a race, pity there were only SAB beers yesterday, first Black Label in years, apparently you were there, should have come said hi, the gang were all in the beer tent.

i saw the "capcha photography" silver van and banner at about 5kms from the end...

Good advertising!!!thumbup1.gif

Do you have a website where you upload all the pics that were taken???

Another qu, why do ALL the photographers from Action Photo and the other company i htink which is called Jetline Pics or something like that, stand at ONE place a time during the race??? like there will be 4 or 5 photographers all standing at one place instaed of them spread along the route??!!

im no photographer, im just wondering if they wont have more chance of snapping more cyclists if they were all at different parts of the course??

Hi. yes, i have a website were the old faithfulls of the hub look for themselves. www.capcha.co.za. i must stress though that action were the dedicated photographers on the day and i am a independant photographer. Though i will be giving a % money back to the race organzers for their charities but that is as much as i can say. I may be under correction but i think jetline and action are the same company. As for having so many photographers in the same place. its one of the slowest sections of the route and the slower the motion the better the picture and easier it is to take. Further than that i cant comment.

When are cowboy's going to learn they are putting others in danger too?

Had this D#%S in group C who decided he wanted to launch a sprint at the line and touched 2 wheels in the process, almost bringing the whole group down. I must say that we all lost our sh*t at him and he felt pretty bad, but it doesn't fix what could have been a very painful end to a great race!

I see that this seems to be happening quite a lot...

I heard its good before but I wait till after... nothing like a cold beer after a race, pity there were only SAB beers yesterday, first Black Label in years, apparently you were there, should have come said hi, the gang were all in the beer tent.

I was walking around looking for a familiar face, but saw no one I know and no one had their Hubber name on their chests. Would have loved a cold one with you guys.

Next time we need to arrange the gathering much better!

Edited by SyncSA

With short route riders joining the long route the short route riders had a tough time.

I rode the short route and you basically expect noobs etc so I expect everyone to ride like a noob. When joining the long route the long route guys came past at a hell ova pace and it was scary for my friend. But I did ride behind and tried to tell everyone to pass a bit wider than what they would normally do.

No this happened on the rollers between Nelsons Creek and Klapmuts. At the part where the shorter route riders join, I am always super careful. Especially going up the hill past the last water stop.

Hi. yes, i have a website were the old faithfulls of the hub look for themselves. www.capcha.co.za. i must stress though that action were the dedicated photographers on the day and i am a independant photographer. Though i will be giving a % money back to the race organzers for their charities but that is as much as i can say. I may be under correction but i think jetline and action are the same company. As for having so many photographers in the same place. its one of the slowest sections of the route and the slower the motion the better the picture and easier it is to take. Further than that i cant comment.

Thank you for clearing that up Capcha, thinking about it now, at the places where i saw the photographers, it all makes sense,(at the top of the climbs where most people look like death) LOL!! As i said though, im not a photographer but have definately learnt something now aswell...Thanksthumbup1.gif

Rode out of D this year - unfit and fat! Held on to D for 30ks - dropped back after a rider put his front wheel into the rear derailleur of another bike just in front of me. Sat up and waited for E, held on to them until the 60km mark. Then gutsed it out to the end, hopping from small group to small group. Survived to finish in 2.58 - shocker of a ride, but satisfied with the outcome under the circumstances!

I was walking around looking for a familiar face, but saw no one I know and no one had their Hubber name on their chests. Would have loved a cold one with you guys.

Next time we need to arrange the gathering much better!

Yes we were on the left corner of the tent, with all the Trane riders (they are pretty recognisable). Will organise next time for sure always fun! thumbup1.gif

@MichaelD

Sorry to hear 'bout your overlapping incident.

Glad you did not it the deck, man.

thumbup1.gif

All you cyclists that did under 2h30 92, you must be freaks! Well done, but at 46 I don't think I will ever see that time.

BTW, on the way back to the school from the finish, my laaitie starts riding no-hands and does a Forrest Gump run. I almost freaked thinking he's gonna fall and make a fool of himself. I didn't know he could do that. Only 4 months ago he asked me how to ride no-hands. Makes me wonder what he and his mates gets up to during the day.

What I do when I have those type of thoughts, is to open a bottle of wine. After a while they go away. Perhaps that's why I'm also unlikely to see those type of times again?

I managed 2:55 after falling off the E-train at Klapmuts. Legs just cramped a bit so I rolled in slowly. Happiness though as I did 3:40 last year. Lots of miles to do in December.

Also lost the E train - around Paarl in my case. Luckily there was fast group just behind that I managed to stick with to get under 3. Congrats on the big improvement - feels good eh?

Back on the bike Wednesday and into normal training schedule again - can't wait. Just got to get William to re-lace my front wheel now the CX Ray spokes arrived.

I was also in E aiming for sub 3. Going towards Paarl I was worried we were going too slow, but when we turned in Wellington the pace picked up a bit and the group started to string out a bit. It was a massive bunch hey!? I tried a few times to get to the front, but people just kept coming past again and again... so thanks to the guys in the front thumbup1.gif On the Wiesenhof hill just after the last waterpoint the group finally shattered and I really had to dig deep and give it horns those last 15km to stay with the front runners. Made it in 2:48 so I'm super happy!