Full suspension bike, up to 25k

Craigwt

Hey All,

I'm looking to sell my current hard tail, and switch over to a FS bike. From reading around it seems that a Giant Trance X1 29er would be a good buy for me, any thoughts on this bike? Any other options I should consider?

I'm not into any serious racing or anything like that, but I would like to enter some stuff in the future just for fun. but for now, I'll just be going out to places like Meerendal/Contermans/Magic Forrest on the week ends (maybe weekdays as well soon) and have fun/enjoy the ride/get fit/go fast smile.png.

Appreciate any input...

Thanks

Craig

Edited by Craigwt

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Merida BIG99 1000, or XT

NOUGHT!

For an oke just looking to mess around, and get into trail riding, a Trance x1 29 is superb. There's a reason there are hardly any unhappy trance owners, and they can take punishment, do an all day Marathon event and still love the downs. Merida Big Nine is more oriented to a XC specific ride, or someone who is a racing snake.

Rather go Trance. It's a popular bike for a reason. And it can do anything.

NOUGHT!

For an oke just looking to mess around, and get into trail riding, a Trance x1 29 is superb. There's a reason there are hardly any unhappy trance owners, and they can take punishment, do an all day Marathon event and still love the downs. Merida Big Nine is more oriented to a XC specific ride, or someone who is a racing snake.

Rather go Trance. It's a popular bike for a reason. And it can do anything.

What he said

The Trance 29er is one superb trail bike, but you stated "get fit/go fast". First decide if you want to do trail riding or xc or endurance. A good 100mm travel 29er dually like the Anthem 29er is very versatile for messing around on trails but also can go fast.

The Trance 29er is one superb trail bike, but you stated "get fit/go fast". First decide if you want to do trail riding or xc or endurance. A good 100mm travel 29er dually like the Anthem 29er is very versatile for messing around on trails but also can go fast.

Good point, Berg Bok, But - and it's a big BUT - the Trance is a far more versatile bike than the Anthem. It can do marathons, dabble in XC and is a truly great trail machine. Plus, it can take more punishment.

"enter some stuff". Just stating, the Trance is a trail bike, I would prefer something a bit faster for events.

I had 4 mtb's in the past 2 years and the trance is the one missed most.

My friend was riding a 26er Trance, I gave him a test ride on Oak Valley on my Anthem 29er. One week later he had got an Anthem.

"enter some stuff". Just stating, the Trance is a trail bike, I would prefer something a bit faster for events.

At the expense of being less capable on other, more technical and demanding trails, bigger hits and so on. That, or just riding along. The Anthem is a very race oriented bike. Not really suited to Joe Average, despite what Joe Average thinks or what the LBS would have Joe Average think.

For a trail bike, I would go for this:

http://www.silverbac...lider275_13.htm

For a do it all bike I would go for this:

http://www.silverbac.../sprada1_13.htm

or of money is no object the Pivot Mach 429 would be my pick as a do it all bike.

Now, the Mach 429 is competition to the Giant. So if you could afford something that competes with the Pivot, you'd get it right?

Edited by Pain or Shine

Anthem or trance is all you need .Anthem if you like more endurance XC .Trance if you like the downhill thing

Edited by Blitzer