Rant: Bryton software

Christopher Brunsdon

So like many Hubbers I bought the Bryton 35 on that Groupon specia. Tonight I feel like smashing the software with a virtual hammer of Thor.

Was all excited to get back into the saddle tomorrow morning after a very long absence - fire up the Bryton software in IE10 on Windows8, plot my route for tomorrow and bam, its all gone.

When will they fix their software .... aaarrrggghhh

And yes, I will get a Garmin when I get some money again.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bryton 35 HR monitor packed up within 6 months of moderate use .Got new one under warrenty .Software sucks .Garmin or suunto or polar ?

For me the software is the weak point as I'm happy with the hardware but if I had to pay full RRP, I would not be so positive about the product.

EDIT: Oh and I'm a web developer and very much understand what went wrong with the loading of my trip tonight. Not acceptable and it comes down to bad code.

For me the software is the weak point as I'm happy with the hardware but if I had to pay full RRP, I would not be so positive about the product.

EDIT: Oh and I'm a web developer and very much understand what went wrong with the loading of my trip tonight. Not acceptable and it comes down to bad code.

yeah the site is pretty *** - i merely use it as a conduit to get it into strava

Don't know about you guys, but my Bryton Rider 35 takes an Eternity to load data from Device to Bryton Sport. And as soon as i go to "my Collection" And wanna go back to my Device, it tells me that their is already a device connected. So then i have to Unplug my Device, close Bryton, and Start all over Again. And why is their Servers always so slow...cursing.gif thumbdown.gif

Bryton is launching a new version of Bryton Bridge next week, this version wil no longer use flash to connect to device and is loads faster and stable. Should you guys want to test the Beta version and give feedback send me a mail to jason@bbtrading.co.za or call 011 023 4478, Jason

Don't know about you guys, but my Bryton Rider 35 takes an Eternity to load data from Device to Bryton Sport. And as soon as i go to "my Collection" And wanna go back to my Device, it tells me that their is already a device connected. So then i have to Unplug my Device, close Bryton, and Start all over Again. And why is their Servers always so slow...cursing.gif thumbdown.gif

post-28413-0-96146600-1353988780_thumb.jpgpost-28413-0-53271900-1353988794_thumb.jpgpost-28413-0-22513800-1353988764_thumb.jpg

So like many Hubbers I bought the Bryton 35 on that Groupon specia. Tonight I feel like smashing the software with a virtual hammer of Thor.

Was all excited to get back into the saddle tomorrow morning after a very long absence - fire up the Bryton software in IE10 on Windows8, plot my route for tomorrow and bam, its all gone.

When will they fix their software .... aaarrrggghhh

And yes, I will get a Garmin when I get some money again.

Eina.

Yeah I've had some annoying experiences too (with the software).... spend half an hour carefully plotting a route (using plotting points and not auto routing).... and then something crashes in the API and I have to start over.

The device works relatively fine though, no real complaints about it.

I was about to rant about that too and was not sure if it was my side. Really is not funny.

Bryton is launching a new version of Bryton Bridge next week, this version wil no longer use flash to connect to device and is loads faster and stable. Should you guys want to test the Beta version and give feedback send me a mail to jason@bbtrading.co.za or call 011 023 4478, Jason

post-28413-0-96146600-1353988780_thumb.jpgpost-28413-0-53271900-1353988794_thumb.jpgpost-28413-0-22513800-1353988764_thumb.jpg

Thanks, mailing you. I really hope this is going to turn my frown upside down (OK, that was cheasy)

Looks good - as long as they keep the strava link I am happy. To be honest I had no real issues with the current except that it attaches itself to internet explorer for some reason...which is not my default browser

Looks good - as long as they keep the strava link I am happy. To be honest I had no real issues with the current except that it attaches itself to internet explorer for some reason...which is not my default browser

ya thats really weird coz when you first install bridge it says it prefers chrome..and there is a link to download chrome, but it opens an IE window every time..hope thats been fixed