VG to breedts and Back

Gliders

Hi All,

I am looking for some information about a route which I can ride from Van Gaalens to Breedtsnek and back.

I have had a search on the hub but have come up short and was hoping someone in the know could assist me with a route either gpx, kml or a description. I am looking to do the ride over the long weekend coming up with a few friends as a long distance climbing ride.

Thanks for any help.

Doug

Do a search on strava. (you need a create a account if you don't have one but it's free)

We're also planning a ride this weekend, not sure if it's going to be Sat or Sun morning.

Lemme get this straight.

So you want to go to THE Mecca of MTBing - Van Gaalens - with its 160kms? of single track including some of THE staunchest climbs around... ONLY to leave it in search of a big wide sand road which goes over a mountain to a shebeen. AND then you do it in reverse???

Bwahahahahahahahahaha :lol:

:P

Lemme get this straight.

So you want to go to THE Mecca of MTBing - Van Gaalens - with its 160kms? of single track including some of THE staunchest climbs around... ONLY to leave it in search of a big wide sand road which goes over a mountain to a shebeen. AND then you do it in reverse???

Bwahahahahahahahahaha laugh.png

tongue.png

I'm all van Gaalen'd out after Nissan, Cradle Quest and 24 hour ph34r.png

Battleplan for atta

Lemme get this straight.

Bwahahahahahahahahaha laugh.png

tongue.png

My advice is:

When you get to VG, pay your R40 and ride until you puke on some of the best trails in SA.

Do a search on strava. (you need a create a account if you don't have one but it's free)

We're also planning a ride this weekend, not sure if it's going to be Sat or Sun morning.

Thank you, I would have liked to do it with someone who knows the route, unfortunately I am away this weekend.. Guess we will just wing it.

Thank you, I would have liked to do it with someone who knows the route, unfortunately I am away this weekend.. Guess we will just wing it.

There will be more rides that way since it's epic and jo2c base season. Post on the hub if you are free, sure there will be someone every weekend doing it. Just a warning though...not a very exciting ride I am affraid, but its great miles to bank.

There will be more rides that way since it's epic and jo2c base season. Post on the hub if you are free, sure there will be someone every weekend doing it. Just a warning though...not a very exciting ride I am affraid, but its great miles to bank.

That's the plan, we are getting miles in for the Epic. When I know the times we will be riding I will put a post up. But for now its going to be a VG to Breedts double on Sat and Sun next weekend.

That's the plan, we are getting miles in for the Epic. When I know the times we will be riding I will put a post up. But for now its going to be a VG to Breedts double on Sat and Sun next weekend.

Yip, just time to churn the miles out hey. Will be doing it on Sat...gonna cry when I skip the river but hey, it worth it.

Archived