Argus vs 99er

g-star

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone for the replies. Guess it's settled registering for the 99er tomorrow.

See whether you can go ride the final 35 kms, g-star, starting at Klipheuwel silos?

That's when the course gets very interesting.

Good luck!

I find it easier than Burger - Helshoogte after 1km REALLY does not work for me. On 99er when I hit Vissershok I'm nice and warm

Is jy Jean se broer?

Due to the lack of preparation races in the first two months of 2013, (and despite my rantings on the other 99'er thread,) seems like I will have to eat humble pie, bite the bullet and enter for this race. blush.png whistling.gif

Elevation profiles

Blue = 99er

Red = Argus

post-4352-0-24010900-1354723922_thumb.jpg

HR profiles

Blue = 99er

Red = Argus

Looks like the Argus was harder!

post-4352-0-91806300-1354724059_thumb.jpg

That's pretty cool.

That's pretty cool.

SportTracks 3 ... baby! thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif (Worth every penny of the $35!!)

I have over 6 years of training data in this program and it kicks ass!

If you are really analytical about your data and serious about your training, this is the program for you!

I first got hooked because of the Equipment tracking function.

I can tell you exactly how many km's, hours, rides I have done on my race bike, training bike, mtb, SS ... how many km's I have on my chainrings, cassettes, chains, tubbies, wheelsets ... etc.

Overlay data and analyze just about any piece of information you can think of.

If there is something you think of and you can’t find a plug-in, just ask one of the developers and they will write you something ... its open source.

Link photos, join/spilt routes, customize just about any piece of data you can think of.

There is much more to the program ... do a search, I’ve chatted about it plenty on here.

I dropped using the polar and got a garmin because of your postings Tank. Still using the garmin connect site but sorting out the home PC shortly and looking forward to many hours of SportTracks! Are you still an ambassador of the app?

Due to the lack of preparation races in the first two months of 2013, (and despite my rantings on the other 99'er thread,) seems like I will have to eat humble pie, bite the bullet and enter for this race. blush.png whistling.gif

Ja, ride your bike ekse!!!!! (insert evil grin here... On the iPad...)

See you all there! Entered and hopefully ready to race!!!!!!!!

Yoh!

You mean business, Bru...

Have to lift my game! You chaps are all dropping me at the races now!!! But I'm getting stronger and coming for you lot! Mwhahahaha!

I dropped using the polar and got a garmin because of your postings Tank. Still using the garmin connect site but sorting out the home PC shortly and looking forward to many hours of SportTracks! Are you still an ambassador of the app?

Great to hear! thumbup1.gif

Then you will probably know that I am not such a big fan of Garmin Disconnect.

Not that there is anything wrong with it but it is just too basic for my needs.

If you are a weekend warrior and want to see the little map of where you have cycled with the little graphs of your HR, Cadence and elevation profile ... very basic ... then it is fine.

If you want to customize you data, analyze it properly, change things the way you like and do stuff you wouldn’t even think was possible ... then rather invest in 3rd party software that has all that potential and more ... like SportTracks

Yes I am still an ambassador for SportTracks ... pretty freekin awesome that they contacted me after all my boasting about their cool software here on the hub! Shot guys! thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif

Great to hear! thumbup1.gif

Then you will probably know that I am not such a big fan of Garmin Disconnect.

Not that there is anything wrong with it but it is just too basic for my needs.

Yes I am still an ambassador for SportTracks ... pretty freekin awesome that they contacted me after all my boasting about their cool software here on the hub! Shot guys! thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif

laugh.png laugh.png tongue.png