Port Elizabeth MTB rides

deca300

Hey hubbers,

Any personal people here? I'd like to know when there's group rides. Road would be nice, but I prefer off road. I'm not a pro but trying to get there =)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There will be an open day at the Hopewell Estate on the 17th December, should be a big turnout. About 40km of new trails to ride.

Directions

Travel along Cape Road approx. 3km past the Wedgewood Golf Course

Turn right at the Hopewell Conservation Estate signpost (R368)

Drive 3km to Hopewell Conservation Estate entrance

Edited by PeterF

Starts at 8hoo. R20 to ride. bring and braai social type event with a 12, 20 and 30km ride available.

As far as I remember it starts at 0800 with a 40km route (very hectic),30km and 15km.Children will also be catered for,so bring them along with their bikes.

You can bring and braai but they will be selling braai packs as well.

I think it is going to be a great day.

Easiest and closest to town is to hit Norm Hudlin trails, very nice riding for someone getting into it, or a good workout if you smack it hard.

http://www.normhudlin.co.za/

Unfortunately it seems that Norm Hudlin is no longer being maintained now that Sharon and Lex have left. The current occupants are very quick to empty the money box, but not so quick to get the lawnmower or weed wacker out.

Unfortunately it seems that Norm Hudlin is no longer being maintained now that Sharon and Lex have left. The current occupants are very quick to empty the money box, but not so quick to get the lawnmower or weed wacker out.

??

Give more info please....where have Lex and Sharon go?

There will be an open day at the Hopewell Estate on the 17th December, should be a big turnout. About 40km of new trails to ride.

Directions

Travel along Cape Road approx. 3km past the Wedgewood Golf Course

Turn right at the Hopewell Conservation Estate signpost (R368)

Drive 3km to Hopewell Conservation Estate entrance

Just made my holiday!!! Going to visit the parents.....we live close by!!!

Will the estate be open everyday of the week or only weekends?

thanks thumbup1.gif

Hey guys thanks for all the replies! gonna try the Hopewell Estate trails! I went to NormHudlin 2 weeks ago... Everything looked fine..?

Hey guys thanks for all the replies! gonna try the Hopewell Estate trails! I went to NormHudlin 2 weeks ago... Everything looked fine..?

Yeah, but you only saw half of the trails. The bottom farm with arguably the biggest piece of trails have been closed off, and I doubt the new owners give a damn about getting it sorted again...... all the while people keep paying the full price, for half the trails.

Spoke to Lex now, they are done with NH. They are out at Hopewell now to manage those trails. I've ridden there but still prefer the compactness and green-ness of NH, riding under the canopy of the trees, etc.

Sad day.

eek.gif thumbdown.gif blink.png sad.png

WHAT??? I loved that place! it was PERFECT for fast training rides! And it was save for me to ride alone too (not like Baakens)

MAN-o-MAN...I am SO sad now....was planning to go ride there when I visited PE early Jan.

There is a small cross country course next to Profiles and Cyclopro. Rob, the owner of Cyclopro said they are negotiating with the municipality to turn it into a really decent bike park.

i often see people riding there in the evenings after work and every second Thursday, they host a mini race.

Edited by Longbarn Killer