Strava..... For dummies

rattlesnake

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looked like he rode NF and then drove home. Don't want to affect his whole ride, but rather just the rankings which should be corrected.

Looked like he rode NF and then drove home. Don't want to affect his whole ride, but rather just the rankings which should be corrected.

Flag it, strava will mail or notify him either to edit or remove it

I got a third spot on the climb, but saw that the KOM went up the hill at 80kph, so I flagged the ride? Did I follow the right procedure?

If I go to teh segment page now, tehr eis no leaderboard, only this message: "This segment has been flagged as hazardous"

Did you flag the ride, or did you flag the segment? Important to click through to the ride on which the 'offence' occurred ;)

Shouldn't it? If he did the climb at 80km/h surely it affects his whole ride, but perhaps not his other segments... then dunno.

Exactly, if something on the ride is dodgy, then the ride is dodgy. The WHOLE ride!

I started Strava before our ride this morning at Jonkers.

Had a look around half way and had managed 171km at an average of 69kph!!

I was like whooooa, ok. Obviously a load of crap, so I deleted the ride!

Is Strava available for BB? Looked on the web and saw only iPhone and Android.

there is a new app on BB called GPSpeedOMeter under Health&Fitness> Fitness....and you can upload to Strava with min effort. the only downside is that you can only upload 7 times, what i have done is to buy the pro version for R12. Works like a bomb...keep pedalling

there is a new app on BB called GPSpeedOMeter under Health&Fitness> Fitness....and you can upload to Strava with min effort. the only downside is that you can only upload 7 times, what i have done is to buy the pro version for R12. Works like a bomb...keep pedalling

Another reason to go android.... ;)

Lately I've been using my phone to record rides as it is a schlep to plug in the Garmin and and and. Anyway, I found something very peculiar yesterday. I uploaded the strava app data off my phone when having coffee to show a mate how it all works with the intention of then deleting the ride and uploading the entire ride that I had on my garmin after I had made my way home. At coffee I saw I had come 4th on a 2km segment and when I uploaded off the garmin, it shows I came 6th because the time was then 5sec longer than the app data. So what I'm wondering is, do the people using the app have an advantage over those using bike computers? Sure 5sec at 6m33 is a small amount, but as we all know; every second counts!devil.gif

EDIT: punctuation.

Edited by Helpmytrap

Lately I've been using my phone to record rides as it is a schlep to plug in the Garmin and and and. Anyway, I found something very peculiar yesterday. I uploaded the strava app data off my phone when having coffee to show a mate how it all works with the intention of then deleting the ride and uploading the entire ride that I had on my garmin after I had made my way home. At coffee I saw I had come 4th on a 2km segment and when I uploaded off the garmin, it shows I came 6th because the time was then 5sec longer than the app data. So what I'm wondering is, do the people using the app have an advantage over those using bike computers? Sure 5sec at 6m33 is a small amount, but as we all know; every second counts!devil.gif

EDIT: punctuation.

Yes. Phone gps is not as accurate. Your ride elevation will differ between the garmin and phone as well. If you're having trouble komming a segment, use your phone.

Yes. Phone gps is not as accurate. Your ride elevation will differ between the garmin and phone as well. If you're having trouble komming a segment, use your phone.

does this explain me losing all mine, i don't feel that bad anymore ph34r.png

Yup, It explains how it is that old Fritzie is taking all my KOMs

It's got nothing to do with his superior skills or fancy bike. It's the phone app I tell you!!! biggrin.png

That explains it all, Bru...

:-D

How do you see all your acheivements/KOM's all in one place on Strava?

If you view your profile, there is a tab listing KOMs