Open water swims in Joburg...

dracs

Correct .

Me and my tjoms was chased away there one hot summers day in the late 70's, think they still used to work the quarry in those days

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's awesome!

Can go for a swim and then do your weekly shopping in your speedo.

The dudes >-< in edenvale probably wouldn't blink an eye

jhb's best kept secret for open water swimming , cristal clean and clear with two boys on each end 400m apart .

its part of the scout club and if you go swim there you need to just get access from them . been there plenty and its a beautiful quary . its fenced off so its pvt property but they should let you in , i have never had a problem getting access.

Awesome ..so how does one "get access from them " thanks in advance

• 4 months later...

Hi All Emmarentia Dam Swimmers

I am doing my Geography One Research Task on the water quality in Emmarentia Dam. This assignment counts for 45% of my Geography Matric portfolio. I have made a questionnaire about issues relating to the water quality of the Dam. If possible could you please post below if you are willing to participate or pop me a PM with your email address. I have already collected and analysed a number of water samples from the Dam and I would like to use this data and compare it to your answers in the survey to see how the water quality is directly affecting the users of the dam.

If you know of any other regular Emmarentia Dam swimmers that will be willing to participate in the survey could you please give me there contact details.

I will happily post the findings of my research here so that you are better informed about the water quality of the dam.

The Survey will be anonymous.

Many Thanks

Google

bump.

I don't swim there so can't help your survey, but would be interested to see your results

So far the results look good and the dam seems fine for swimming.

I havent swum there in a while but I did swim a few times last year and water was generally fine but not always great after rain (sometimes a funny smell at the top portion etc)

So far the results look good and the dam seems fine for swimming.

good to know.