Avianto Trails @Avianto Lifestyle Estate

Richard Beswick

Well my Mom over Christmas told me when my brother was just born (1972) they kept going to Syringa Spa but she could not remember where it was so I googled it and all I could find was this string of you chatting here. My Mom could not believe when I told her it is now in ruins! She said it was an amazing and booming place? Would love to know what happened?!? I am sure someone at Avianto must know, maybe Avianto caused their down fall??

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back in the 70's and 80's it was a very popular camp site and pleasure resort. Swimming pools, super tube and the main attraction was the MotoX track. 

Keep in mind in them days Muldersdrift was a day trip from Randburg down dirt roads most of the way.

Moto X was growing and then hit a bit of a wall in the early 90's. All the big tracks closed, Corrobrick (meadowdale), Back of the moon and Syringa Spa.

The resort went down and eventually became a Comunnity for people who had caravans and no house.

Eventually ground was sold off and closed down. Now the Moto X is back and there is a sewage plant on the other piece of land. Not sure who owns it.

http://www.syringamx.co.za/index.html

Saw this on Avianto Trail's Facebook feed:

"13 people caught without paying on the our trails today. There is no excuse for ignorance you need a band to ride on our trails it is only R30(pay at reception in the week). If you don't pay your are no better than a common criminal. We will be clamping down hard from now on."

If any of those 13 riders were Hubbers, you should be ashamed of yourself. R30 is nothing to ride those great trails. 

Saw this on Avianto Trail's Facebook feed:

"13 people caught without paying on the our trails today. There is no excuse for ignorance you need a band to ride on our trails it is only R30(pay at reception in the week). If you don't pay your are no better than a common criminal. We will be clamping down hard from now on."

If any of those 13 riders were Hubbers, you should be ashamed of yourself. R30 is nothing to ride those great trails. 

Just check, maybe the bands were attached to the handlebars.     :devil:

A mate and I rode there last week. Thought R30 to ride was very good value for money and are planning on going back on Sunday.

• 2 months later...

I haven't been here in ages.

The trails ans facilities  are great and so much work has gone onto them but I'm just not a fan of the "bowl of noodles" (the image you'll see when mapped) type of trails so preferred other venues... till today ^_^

A friend suggested I try the "new" trails, "new" because they're new to me and no idea when they were made.

I did a bit of the Eastern Blue but what blew me away was the Western Blue...Blue blew me away :P

It's awesome!

quite a bit of work on a rigid SS but so much fun!

Well done and thank you to the trail builders for this addition.

post-6012-0-86818200-1427538802_thumb.jpg

post-6012-0-16793700-1427538816_thumb.jpg

I haven't been here in ages.

The trails ans facilities  are great and so much work has gone onto them but I'm just not a fan of the "bowl of noodles" (the image you'll see when mapped) type of trails so preferred other venues... till today ^_^

A friend suggested I try the "new" trails, "new" because they're new to me and no idea when they were made.

I did a bit of the Eastern Blue but what blew me away was the Western Blue...Blue blew me away :P

It's awesome!

quite a bit of work on a rigid SS but so much fun!

Well done and thank you to the trail builders for this addition.

attachicon.gifphoto (2).JPG

attachicon.gifphoto 4.JPG

I love the riding at Avianto - it's always nice and quiet. The first few km's are a bit tedious, 'cause you're just winding up and down that hill. The fun starts when you get to the rocky bits. The Phambili section is also a lot of fun. Have had a few stand-offs with the cattle there. 

I really hope the guys who are going to race the USN MTB Cup #3 (at Avianto) and have not been there before, make the effort to go ride there before the race. If you don't know how to handle yourself over rocky terrain, you're going to suffer. 

I'm heading there tomorrow for an 80km sufferfest - will have to do quite a few laps to get the distance in. 

I love the riding at Avianto - it's always nice and quiet. The first few km's are a bit tedious, 'cause you're just winding up and down that hill. The fun starts when you get to the rocky bits. The Phambili section is also a lot of fun. Have had a few stand-offs with the cattle there. 

I really hope the guys who are going to race the USN MTB Cup #3 (at Avianto) and have not been there before, make the effort to go ride there before the race. If you don't know how to handle yourself over rocky terrain, you're going to suffer. 

I'm heading there tomorrow for an 80km sufferfest - will have to do quite a few laps to get the distance in. 

not to take you away from Avianto but instead of just lapping, you can also add in the Cradle MTB loop. 

Granted some will tar, but from Avianto to the Lion Park and back is around 22km or if you do the whole loop back to Avianto it's about 30/35km ( I think)

not to take you away from Avianto but instead of just lapping, you can also add in the Cradle MTB loop. 

Granted some will tar, but from Avianto to the Lion Park and back is around 22km or if you do the whole loop back to Avianto it's about 30/35km ( I think)

I've considered it. I'm just not sure where the Cradle MTB trail starts (have a rough idea).

I'm planning on doing a Gran Fondo type ride, which will incorporate Avianto, Heia and the Cradle MTB route - still in planning phase though.

I'm just not too keen on road riding. 

The road section is minimal, you can do a fair bit of it on the gravel shoulder.

It starts just before the kloofzicht circle on the left coming from Avianto, then heads left ( for a VERY awesome piece of ST) in a clockwise direction.

The road/gravel shoulder section will that you tight past Heia to include a loop there.

Full Avianto blue plus Cradle loop and Heia yellow should give you, I'm guessing, 70km or a bit over.

My ex sani partner and his new sani partner ( dont ask details please) are using avianto to heia and back as traing ride for sani.

Basically do some avianto sections, head out to heia next to beyers, hit heia back to avianto, finish off with the bowl of noodles. 80 km, 1600m ascent.

Personally, I would start at avianto, hit the phambili side first, head out to cradle mtb track, do that, hit a right on beyers towards heia, do heia ( incl red) head back to avianto next to beyers finish off at avianto by doing the east section.

Call an ambulance

Call an ambulance

and bring beer!

( the beer's just for me after thinking about your ride while parking)

So this was my ride this morning.

Parked at Avianto and headed to Heia via Beyers. Did the blue, red and yellow trails. Bought a coke and some water at the bar and watched a few laps of the F1. Headed back to Avianto via Beyers and did the 10km East green route, section of the green route on the West side of the river and then a bit of the blue trail on the East side again. 

80km with 1257m ascent, according to Endomondo. Was a bloody hard, but rewarding ride. 

I want the details of your sani break-up ;)

My ex sani partner and his new sani partner ( dont ask details please) are using avianto to heia and back as traing ride for sani.

Archived