Advenurance Barrington Farm

FrancoisL

Went for a recce just now, bring your granny gear, a 3,7 km klimb in the beginning that will get the bloud flowing!

The race was near Sedgefield. I did the 55km. A toughie it was! A huge climb at the beginning and very hot conditions made it physically demanding. The views were awesome and the route was generally in good shape and well marked. There was a bit of confusion where the route looped and overlapped a bit. I think I was the only single speeder in the 55km.

Edited by divernick

wow what a race. it was hot as hell and that first climb was a killer. did the 55km with awesome single and forest track. hopefully i will be a bit fitter next time. thank for the event.

Did not do the event today but can honestly say that It has some of the best Singletrack around !

Another chance on the 30th. About 10km before Sedgefield coming from Plett.

There is a Signboard Karatara / Ruigetevlei

Turn right and follow that road until you drive into a T junction

turn right 50m Venue on your left.

Respect for doing this event on your SS Divernick, i kakked with all my gears!

I'm not sure I would have entered the 50km race if I knew the route profile. Lol

It was as tough as the VG or Hakahana marathons for me.

I'm not sure I would have entered the 50km race if I knew the route profile. Lol

It was as tough as the VG or Hakahana marathons for me.

Results anywhere?

Reckon they might put up results somewhere after tomorrow's race is finished.

Met the guys organising the event at a coffee shop in Knysna this morning, they were asking if we're planning on racing tomorrow, told them we did it last week. They then started asking feedback and how we experienced it with the idea of improving it next year. Mentioned starting earlier to avoid the heat.

The one guy mentioned something about they want to open up a mtb farm there in the very near future. Looking forward to that.

Doing it tomorrow, there is also an awesome single track x-country race earlier in the year.

Entrance fee seems to be very steep for such a short race