Canyon Bikes

Guest Omega Man

As i mentioned choosing UAE is only to convert to US$ and to remove the VAT portion

When you buy from them they charge you in US$ and not euros

Still does not explain how you ship it to SA

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the order notes, or followed up with an email including the order number etc etc.

At one hell of a price.

• 9 months later...

So, when ordering, you give them your address and instruction to ship in "the order notes" and not in the form fields for "shipping address"

There is usually a field that asks for "country". You fill this in as UAE?

Does this work?

Seems dreadfully complicated and if I just paid R30k plus for a bike, I don't think I'd sleep at night worrying if it was on it's way.

And how do you complete the billing address? Also no RSA option.

I see the UAE option switched to dollars and no vat, but making payment via a SA credit card would need the correct address for billing.

Confusing...

And how do you complete the billing address? Also no RSA option.

I see the UAE option switched to dollars and no vat, but making payment via a SA credit card would need the correct address for billing.

Confusing...

Send them a mail, wait a few days for the response.

(Asking them to ship Order no XYZ to RSA)

You could use a freight forwarder like Aramex Global shopper. You can set one up (FNB had a promo where you paid no annual fee to set it up and got R200 off you first shipping) and you get an address in a few different countries around the world. You can then send the bike to that address and they send on sorting out shipping taxes etc. You supply / upload the invoice (which you obviously wouldn't alter to reduce the tax because that would be wrong). 

Not sure if Canyon ship for free in the EU but it might be worth sending the bike to your UK Aramex address and forwarding it from there if it reduces the EU sales tax / germany VAT. 

I have used it to send a Frame / fork in a standard bike box and it wasn't too bad. Issue you might have is the tax on a whole bike as that is a lot more than parts Maybe ask them to leave off the grips... then it's only parts, not a full bike! ;)

Just a thought. 

• 5 months later...

I have a Canyon Endurance 9.0 on the way to south africa if anyone is interested. Medium frame. Full ultegra and dt swiss tubless wheels. 7Kg bike.

I have a Canyon Endurance 9.0 on the way to south africa if anyone is interested. Medium frame. Full ultegra and dt swiss tubless wheels. 7Kg bike.

Why do you want to sell it? Don't want it any more?

Edited by Comeback Kid