Hekpoort

Ronster

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have a garmin file for a 100km mtb ride in the hekpoort area? Leaving from the petrol station on the road.

Thanks

Andy

You want to go up Hekpoort, or through Van Gaalens, or up & over Breedts nek?

The petrol station? Is that the one where everybody used to park to do Breedts Nek? You can't park there anymore.

Easy: ride up and over breedts. Just keep going until you reach 50km then turn around and return (Please dont forget to pick up your lungs and legs on the return journey as littering is not cool....)

Andy, do a search for Hekpoort and Breedts Nek. Plenty of info on these forums, maps too I think. I'm sure there are also gpx files on garmin connect.

There is a farm a few hundred yards just after the right-hand turn onto the dirt road to Breedts. It is on the left & called Berlouri. Louis (the owner) says it will be open 365 days & the shop with food & coldrinks will be open from tomorrow (only on weekends). It's safe & secure with ablutions (incl. a shower). There is a charge per vehicle.