Attempted mugging: Woodstock - 30 December 2012

organism

If you decide to carry a knife it is advisable to receive training in how to use it effectively. There are a few good self-defence systems for which training is available in the Cape Town Area. Just remember that the moment that you pull a knife you are committing yourself to using it. Threatening your average Cape Skollie with a knife will only aggravate the situation and talking yourself out of it will not work. You will get hurt!

Remember that at some stage the law enforcement sector will come into play when either you or the perpetrator reports it to the police. Even if you were the original victim it may count against you if you do not report it incident first.

The moment you cut a person it is ‘assault with the intent to do grievous bodily harm’. You will spend time in a police cell (before you are released on bail)...

The moment the cut is anywhere near an artery or you stab the person near, or in any of the mayor organs it will be a case of attempted murder. You will spend a lot of time in police station cell before going to court...

The best would be:

Learn how to identify problem individuals/ areas and avoid them/ it

Train yourself to be adaptable and depart from your route if need be

Keep your eyes open

If you do decide to carry a weapon, be it a knife, pepper spray, baton, Tongfa, Escrima Sticks, Tazer, Billy Club, Bo or even Ball Breakers, learn how to use it effectively.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am from Jhb, but from what I heard in cape town those tik monsters are raised with knives in there hands so as the post says above you better make damn sure you know what you getting your self into, also there was a post on the hub awhile ago a cop was saying if they are on drugs pepper spray is a lot less effective!!!

my wife and i have a tazer each taped to the frame with masking tape(tears of easily enough without falling off) . We have almost been attacked by fellow MTB'ers with a tazer and the idea sprouted from them. Its the long stick type that the police used to use just a smaller version so if the handle is taped we can grab the front and rip it off. Not pretty but does the job. And besides a zombie will hesitate when he hears the familiar ratt ratt ratt of a couple thousand volts,

For future ref contact SAPS Sector Manager Capt Swanepoel tel 0823019285.Lets harrass these muggers

We have almost been attacked by fellow MTB'ers with a tazer and the idea sprouted from them.

Huh?

:-O

my wife and i have a tazer each taped to the frame with masking tape(tears of easily enough without falling off) . We have almost been attacked by fellow MTB'ers with a tazer and the idea sprouted from them. Its the long stick type that the police used to use just a smaller version so if the handle is taped we can grab the front and rip it off. Not pretty but does the job. And besides a zombie will hesitate when he hears the familiar ratt ratt ratt of a couple thousand volts,

I think you need to elaborate on the 'almost attacked by fellow MTB'ers'...!!

Sounds like there could be a good story for a dull Thursday afternoon!

I think you need to elaborate on the 'almost attacked by fellow MTB'ers'...!!

Sounds like there could be a good story for a dull Thursday afternoon!

C'mon, Wessel_Jhb...

Give it up.

ph34r.png