Setting up a bike, measurements etc

awesme

Hi guys

is there a document (HOW TO) that tells you how to setup a bike, what measurements where etc?

I've done mine with Nick White (Ergofit), my father in law though is keen on doing it himself, as a fun excercise.

and for those thats gonna respond with "google" thanks for helping...

G

Hi guys

is there a document (HOW TO) that tells you how to setup a bike, what measurements where etc?

I've done mine with Nick White (Ergofit), my father in law though is keen on doing it himself, as a fun excercise.

and for those thats gonna respond with "google" thanks for helping...

G

loads of sites, with loads of calculators, with loads and loads of opinions on what constitutes a bike setup. All of them going on leg length few of them actually considering reach and effective toptube lengths. You can get it close if you read all the theory, and methods, but doing a ergofit saves time, hassle and improves comfort and balance for the small price of R550.

To be honest they changed my setup by millimeters and not even centimeters and it made the world of difference. Just go do the fitment he can catch up on the theory later while he is riding a dialed in setup.

Edited by covie