Cleated or Uncleated

Creme' Boulle'

are they 'casual shoes' made to look like cleats, for cyclists?

They are, they have a decent rubber sole just like a skate board shoe, I don't think they are very hard wearing but they look cool.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...and ask all those who ride cleated to show you their emotional scars from being mocked as they fell over in the parkinglot :P :lol:

Gonna be a long queue for that...

They are, they have a decent rubber sole just like a skate board shoe, I don't think they are very hard wearing but they look cool.

Then rather just ride clipped.

Why anyone would want to wear cycling shoes as a fashion item is beyond me.

Then rather just ride clipped.

Why anyone would want to wear cycling shoes as a fashion item is beyond me.

Look good look bad who cares, just ride.

dammit! I should have waited for those!

If you get tired of waiting i have some nice nice Mallet 2's for you? laugh.png

I've also heard good things about these

http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/bikes-and-gear/components/pedals/WMB88.gt_1.control_prev-399-75.jpg

I have a pair of the Time's in my cupboard, got them at a steal off On one. Got them with a similar approach to Mil: flat to play and clipin when I am making silly attempts to go fast.

I have a pair of the Time's in my cupboard, got them at a steal off On one. Got them with a similar approach to Mil: flat to play and clipin when I am making silly attempts to go fast.

have you tried them yet? How are they?

Only one ride on the XC bike and were good. Not that much play. But felt a thousand time better than the stupid candy's I started out on.

Now that the izi is done and I'm almost allowed on a bike again, I will have some more feedback soon.

You could also try them some time if you want.

Only one ride on the XC bike and were good. Not that much play. But felt a thousand time better than the stupid candy's I started out on.

Now that the izi is done and I'm almost allowed on a bike again, I will have some more feedback soon.

You could also try them some time if you want.

awesome! Yeah, the Time Freerides have 5deg of float which is nice when ones feet may need to move around a bit.

I see that CRC have some 5.10 Spitfire FreeRide's for just over R500 are those fine to get or am I wasting my ZAR's?

I have ordered some, because I can't afford the Freeriders right now. I'll report back when I get them.

What I can tell you is that the article here: http://www.bikejames...th-flat-pedals/ has got a bit where he describes the difference between the Spitfires, Freeriders and Impacts.I think it is on pg21.

It looks like it is difficult to go wrong with the price.

I have ordered some, because I can't afford the Freeriders right now. I'll report back when I get them.

What I can tell you is that the article here: http://www.bikejames...th-flat-pedals/ has got a bit where he describes the difference between the Spitfires, Freeriders and Impacts.I think it is on pg21.

Also ordered a pair but in white cause was the only one in my size, my predictions are they will soon be more of a creamy brownwhistling.gif

Haha, I posted a link to that article earlier in the thread and should have read it :D

These are cheaper on chain reaction I think.

Yes - thanx I've seen them on crc.

About half the price before shipping & taxes.

Considered getting 2 pairs as the price is very good.