Journey 4 Sight, 6 Jan.

Guest Frail4Life

Guest Frail4Life

Cycled the first half, till Smitswinkel strong.

Then the fun started!

I started to suffer from lack of Water.

I wanted to Stop for water, but got no Stops.

I did not stop to rest but Limped on till the Finish.

I had too much Holiday!!!

Cycled the first half, till Smitswinkel strong.

Then the fun started!

I started to suffer from lack of Water.

I wanted to Stop for water, but got no Stops.

I did not stop to rest but Limped on till the Finish.

I had too much Holiday!!!

Didn't you roll with a bottie in your cage, man?

Guest Frail4Life

Didn't you roll with a bottie in your cage, man?

I carried my "normal 2 bottles". 2 Different drinks, i only carry Water on the longer rides.

But today I was 3/4 way through my first drink, when i started to feel very Quesy.

Frail doesn't need to eat or drink at all, something must be wrong. The only thing Frail needs to ride is a bike, any bike! biggrin.png

Guest Frail4Life

Must have been the Damn holiday, off the bike???

Bike properly did not recognize me.

Must have been the Damn holiday, off the bike???

Bike properly did not recognize me.

:-D

Thanks from Kirstenbosch Lions to all those who rode and supported. We actually had a good turnout (about 825 paid) considering there was only one route - and that a 50 km. It was a tough ask this year to run an event at all given the circumstances - no Ou Kaaps, no Kalk Bay corner - but we decided to try to keep the ride going rather than cancel or postpone.

And a thank you to PPA for helping to push things along even when we wondered if the ride was going to happen at all. To give you an idea, we got our event permit on Friday afternoon...

Edit: a couple of literals

Edited by pbp2007

Thanks from Kirstenbosch Lions to all those who rode and supported. We actually had a good turnout (about 825 paid) considering there was only one route - and that a 50 km. It was a tough ask this year to run an event at all this year given the circumstances - no Ou Kaaps, no Kalk Bay corner - but we decided to try to keep the ride going rather than cancel or postpone.

And a thank you to PPA for helping to push things along even when wondered if the ride was going to happen at all. To give you an idea, we got our event permit on Friday afternoon...

Nice back story there...

Well done!

Thanks from Kirstenbosch Lions to all those who rode and supported. We actually had a good turnout (about 825 paid) considering there was only one route - and that a 50 km. It was a tough ask this year to run an event at all this year given the circumstances - no Ou Kaaps, no Kalk Bay corner - but we decided to try to keep the ride going rather than cancel or postpone.

And a thank you to PPA for helping to push things along even when wondered if the ride was going to happen at all. To give you an idea, we got our event permit on Friday afternoon...

Yes, thank you for all the behind the scenes work as well as for the friendly marshals at intersecrions. We had a great ride on a really beautiful morning. Personally I think the City of Cape Town was just full of bull manure about giving permission for this wonderful ride. There was absolutely no traffic to speak of on Ou Kaapse Weg at the start time and very light traffic coming back via Kalk Bay afterwards. I truly cannot imagine how this race could have caused traffic problems. Thanks again and keep up the good work!thumbup1.gif

Could not ride but i was there with my son.

He say it was well organised and the marshals was ausum ...............

Well done to ALL involved. thumbup1.gif

Edited by Slow_one

Nice ride stunny views, loved Misty cliffs. Awsome work done by pedal power marshals and boy was there alot of them.

Water? I thought 'The Frail' dont need water.

The Frail's been on holiday and let dust gather on his bike.

I've NEVER heard of that before.

Some things change.mellow.png

Guest Frail4Life

The Frail's been on holiday and let dust gather on his bike.

I've NEVER heard of that before.

Some things change.mellow.png

Its a New Year and i am going to make alot of noise!

Great morning out ,great marshalling and big up to the young guy from Khayelitsha that helped me push my pace all the way back from Smitswinkel.