Cyclists' Safety in the light of Burry and other's recent deaths - Merged Thread.

Guest Heino

The authorities will not police safety but rather target the easy targets.

So stop giving them easy targets to focus on

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to get flamed for this but i was shocked at how some cyclist behaved in traffic in PE.

I went out early on a Saturday morning to take some sunrise photos at the beach.At about 05:45 i got a group of cyclist not one light or reflector on them and they were riding 3 next to each other.I sat behind them for a minute or two and they didn't move even after revving the car a little.I then slowed down and let them get some distance and tapped the hooter.Guy on the right of them and in the middle of the road flips me the birdeek.gif ......this was on Marine Drive

Same morning two cyclists go through a red light along Beach road and when the car hooted at them they swore at him and he also got the finger.

A few days later i was riding in Willow road that is busy and very narrow and get two guys riding next to each other on mtb's.They made no effort to get out of the way for the line of cars behind them,even after looking back.I eventually hooted and again got a middle finger aimed my way.As it turned out i know the one guy.......he is on the Hub to.When i asked him about his attitude.......he just said he also has a right to the road.

I can see why motorists are getting frustrated with cyclists and cyclists need to change their attitude to motorists.

It's time for the traffics to clamp down on cyclists and start issuing fines for traffic violations on bikes......and also for bad behaviour of motorists.

Just my 2cents worth

Edited by gummibear

Probably one of the most moronic statements ever on the hub. The carnage that ensues will eclipse the current situation.

Please explain? I am only asking if it should not be reinvestigated? After all most non recreational riders already do it

Please explain why it should not work without name calling but just a discussion

So stop giving them easy targets to focus on

Then they will move to another easy target like parking fines.

Come on think a bit further

I am going to get flamed for this but i was shocked at how some cyclist behaved in traffic in PE.

I went out early on a Saturday morning to take some sunrise photos at the beach.At about 05:45 i got a group of cyclist not one light or reflector on them and they were riding 3 next to each other.I sat behind them for a minute or two and they didn't move even after revving the car a little.I then slowed down and let them get some distance and tapped the hooter.Guy on the right of them and in the middle of the road flips me the birdeek.gif ......this was on Marine Drive

Same morning two cyclists go through a red light along Beach road and when the car hooted at them they swore at him and he also got the finger.

A few days later i was riding in Willow road that is busy and very narrow and get two guys riding next to each other on mtb's.They made no effort to get out of the way for the line of cars behind them,even after looking back.I eventually hooted and again got a middle finger aimed my way.As it turned out i know the one guy.......he is on the Hub to.When i asked him about his attitude.......he just said he also has a right to the road.

I can see why motorists are getting frustrated with cyclists and cyclists need to change their attitude to motorists.

It's time for the traffics to clamp down on cyclists and start issuing fines for traffic violations on bikes......and also for bad behaviour of motorists.

Just my 2cents worth

I can give 3x as many examples involving cars so it is not just cyclist. It is all road users

@ Gummi is this recently? It's sad but it is the truth

Lately I haven't noticed incidents like this but on the PSNN network on Facebook Pe cyclists are taking a hammering and it's hard to defend yourself with these types of w@&nkers on the road

I can give 3x as many examples involving cars so it is not just cyclist. It is all road users

That's not the point niner, cyclists should change their attitudes before we expect motorists to take us seriously

@ Gummi is this recently? It's sad but it is the truth

Lately I haven't noticed incidents like this but on the PSNN network on Facebook Pe cyclists are taking a hammering and it's hard to defend yourself with these types of w@&nkers on the road

It was now over December holidays.

It was now over December holidays.

All this when we have so many extra vehicles on the road

That's not the point niner, cyclists should change their attitudes before we expect motorists to take us seriously

How about we all change together ?

Well that will never happen, motorist will NEVER change. This is a 3rd world..

Ride more mtb off road.

I made the change from being a roadie to a mtbiker.

Edited by Berg Bok

How about we all change together ?

Well that will never happen, motorist will NEVER change. This is a 3rd world..

Ok Niner we not 10 years all old. We should change together but it won't happen with this k@k attitude

Then they will move to another easy target like parking fines.

Come on think a bit further

As I said, stop giving them easy targets. Don't park illegally. Don't speed. Don't overtake on solid lines. Don't jump red lights.

You really need to think further.

As I said, stop giving them easy targets. Don't park illegally. Don't speed. Don't overtake on solid lines. Don't jump red lights.

You really need to think further.

And how are you gonna get taxis to do that?

Anyway good luck with that...

Ok Niner we not 10 years all old. We should change together but it won't happen with this k@k attitude

Yes and this attitude is what 98% non cycling motorist have.

Geez niner, how old are you? How about we attempt to make the first step? This silly an eye for an eye thinking will just leave everyone blind.