• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ride on road = taken out by cars/taxis/busses and scoffed at for not greeting

Ride on mtb = get mugged by the f'n lowlife worthless scum

Anyone tried riding in water???

Strange you should ask that question, that's where I'm heading - see Christmas present to myself. I mean I pay almost R400 for my activity card and then a) they chop down all the trees in Tokai, cool.png They ban me from Celia forest tracks [which has huge trucks rinding up and down carrying logs] and c) stand the risk of getting mugged on my ride to work. Bye bye muggers & TMNP, hello waves & dolphins :-)

My bike will have to wait for weekends in Wellington/Stellenbosch/Hermanus/Ceres etc. *&^%$#@

PS. Note interchangeable waterbottles :-)

http://webmail.equillore.com/home/deon@equillore.com/public/surge2.jpg

Edited by my_intense

Hey Grumps,

was in the police station when you were reporting it. Sounded hectic, was going to ask what happened but didn't want to hack in.

They need some more of those serious looking dog teams up there as they are bloody scary and effective.

Hope you're doing okay and you're insured.

Edited by hellocolour

Why not set up a sting operation? Monitor the mountain in the evenings, work out where they hide and wait right there for them...

One dose of SWAT in the face, some cable ties, a good few klaps and leave them out for the the rangers to find them it they ever patrol.

Sorry to say but force is the only way. I am tired of relying on the authorites, kangaroo court alll the way!

Maybe the book about killing Brett Kebble has got to me.....I used to be so forgiving.

I ride the blockhouse often by myself and they will not stop me. I will only fight if better prepared then them.

I have a mate who is looking for a group ride on Thursday, his last day in Cape Town. He can't make your Wednesday group Hairy.

Please PM me details or numbers to contact.

Thx

I will only fight if better prepared then them.

I 100% agree, speaking to friends karate/martial arts guys, even those who watch boxing.

Will know because fitness if you can take a punch you can take these scum on.... you will outlast them in a fight!

But if there's a weapon, mans best defense is "the 100m sprint!"

I have a mate who is looking for a group ride on Thursday, his last day in Cape Town. He can't make your Wednesday group Hairy.

Please PM me details or numbers to contact.

Thx

pm replied!

Edited by Meezo

I 100% agree, speaking to friends karate/martial arts guys, even those who watch boxing.

Will know because fitness if you can take a punch you can take these scum on.... you will outlast them in a fight!

But if there's a weapon, mans best defense is "the 100m sprint!"

My version is to bite my toes and roll down the mountain....ph34r.png

I've been informed by a hiker friend that they encountered some suspicious looking characters very early yesterday near the Woodstock cave. It was so early that it appears likely they slept there rather than hiked up the mountain. If my memory serves me right, this used to be the hangout of the baddies and was cleaned up by the cops and rangers a while back. Perhaps some investigating and more clearing out is needed? SANParks? Cops? Community Police Forum?

Edited by DJR

Ride on road = taken out by cars/taxis/busses and scoffed at for not greeting

Ride on mtb = get mugged by the f'n lowlife worthless scum

Anyone tried riding in water???

biggrin.png

Take up tennis or cricket, Meezo.

It's a bit safer...

Strange you should ask that question, that's where I'm heading - see Christmas present to myself. I mean I pay almost R400 for my activity card and then a) they chop down all the trees in Tokai, cool.png They ban me from Celia forest tracks [which has huge trucks rinding up and down carrying logs] and c) stand the risk of getting mugged on my ride to work. Bye bye muggers & TMNP, hello waves & dolphins :-)

My bike will have to wait for weekends in Wellington/Stellenbosch/Hermanus/Ceres etc. *&^%$#@

PS. Note interchangeable waterbottles :-)

http://webmail.equillore.com/home/deon@equillore.com/public/surge2.jpg

Watch out for those great Whites now...

ph34r.png

Pls give exact area of mugging - google earth etc. I think it a good idea to build a database of where these moegoes hide and attack their victims..

It happened at the big tree plum pudding they jumped out of a bush next to tree took the rangers up to where it happened so they going monitor that area.

It happened at the big tree plum pudding they jumped out of a bush next to tree took the rangers up to where it happened so they going monitor that area.

This is a hot spot on table mountain, from either side its a blind corner as you come there on incline from either side.

Either side = from rhodes mem to blockhouse en versa vice.

Sorry bru for this to happen to you. why they wait there as there is that jeep track that takes you down to de waal drive, so it makes for an easy get away!

Hey Grumps,

was in the police station when you were reporting it. Sounded hectic, was going to ask what happened but didn't want to hack in.

They need some more of those serious looking dog teams up there as they are bloody scary and effective.

Hope you're doing okay and you're insured.

Yes, ok but unfortunately not insured

Yes, ok but unfortunately not insured

I am a massive target then, riding up plum pudding at like 3km/h.....that hill hurts.

Hope youre back on the bike soon Grumps

Hi there Graham (Grumps)- I produce the Breakfast show on 567 Cape Talk - sorry to hear about this. can we chat to you on the show so that we can raise the issue of safety on the mountain once again? Regards, Bruce (bruce@capetalk.co.za)

Grumps?