looking for long LSD routes in Dullstroom.

flyluis

Howsit!

looking for a couple routes to do in dullies for a 3 day "training camp" for the epic.

and advise?

Thanks!!

Pop into town and pick up one of the black and white Dullstroom booklets - they have the various route descrptions in them.

I've done the Kruisfontein loop many times and it rocks! There are a few variations youo can do between 45 and 140km

One point though - it's Dullstroom, there are mountains everywhere, there aint no LSD riding there - it's climb climb descend descend repeat.

Dullstrom - the drinking village with a fishing problem. Like E said, check the booklet - amazingly informational :)

We used to do a 140km from Dullstroom into Kwena basin and back as part of the Spinman Epic training camps . There is a spaz shop at the turn around point.

Unfortunately I don't have this route on my garmin but maybe other hubbers do.

There is a nice loop from Dullstroom to Tonteldoos (and a nice coffee shop at the half way point).... go toward Dunkeld Country Estate (See the sign as you come into Dullstroom on the main road) and follow the dirt road to Tonteldoos. I see there is a race going on in Dullies too on the 2nd March 2013 (http://www.alltheevents.co.za/event/dunkeld-mtb-dullstroom-2013/?instance_id= )... maybe contact the organisers and see if they can't take you out too?? The Kruisfontein loop is also a lot of fun. There are loads of rolling hills and dirt roads around Dullstroom - Just get on your bike and wing it! Hope that helps... I got married there in October 2012 and a big group of my guests went out mtb on the morning of the wedding (the Tonteldoos loop) and they couldn't stop raving about the views - I was so jealous I couldn't join them, but the groom was with them and I didn't want to see him before the big event!!