LOOK S Tracks Pedals

Mr LOOK

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This might be a really dumb question, if it is just ignore me please.

Is there a place where one can go to test different pedals? I live in the "platteland" and my closest real bicycle shop that I know of is CycleLab in Polokwane that is about 70km away and pretty sure they won't be able to help with the testing. I would really like to be able to test a pedals before I spend money on them. I tend to visit people in the civilized world(Pretoria) almost every 3 months or so.

Any advise will be appreciated.

This might be a really dumb question, if it is just ignore me please.

Is there a place where one can go to test different pedals? I live in the "platteland" and my closest real bicycle shop that I know of is CycleLab in Polokwane that is about 70km away and pretty sure they won't be able to help with the testing. I would really like to be able to test a pedals before I spend money on them. I tend to visit people in the civilized world(Pretoria) almost every 3 months or so.

Any advise will be appreciated.

If manufacturers did this, it would definitely promote their products. Most of us work off referals/posts/comments from others, it doesn't take into account what i want out of a pedal vs what you want.

Spez have done test bikes, but they move your pedals across. They do a quick measure of existing saddle height, setup roughly the same, on the duals they do shock pressure, then off you go.

With the pedals, getting the cleating position right on a shoe & putting your cleat back could cause an issue. Not many LBS's will just loan you pedals, a test set would be an option. On FB, Look Cycle RSA, try PM and see if they can help you out with a test set?

With the pedals, getting the cleating position right on a shoe & putting your cleat back could cause an issue. Not many LBS's will just loan you pedals, a test set would be an option. On FB, Look Cycle RSA, try PM and see if they can help you out with a test set?

Will try that. Thanks for the info.

The Cape Epic this year proved to be a huge success for the LOOK S Track Pedal!! We achieved great results!!

Men

1st Topeak Ergon Racing - Robert Mennen & Kristian Hynek both on LOOK S Tracks.

2nd Songo Specialized - Christoph Sauser & Frantisek Rabon both on LOOK S Tracks.

Women

1st RECM 2 - Ariane Kleinhans & Annika Langvad both on LOOK S Tracks.

African Jersey

1st Scott Factory Racing - Matthys Beukes on LOOK S Tracks.

2nd RECM - Erik Kleinhans & Nico Bell both on LOOK S Tracks.

3rd RED E Blend - Charles Keey on LOOK S Tracks.

4th Asrin - Louis Knipe on LOOK S Tracks.

• 7 months later...

Anyone still using these and care to comment on if it's worth buying this pedal over Shimano XT?

Still use it, still love it! You'll struggle to convince me to use any other product. Not going back to Shimano, where I had constant issues with disengagement. Never wanted any CB's. Unless Look brings out something better some time in future, this is awesome.

I even added a set to my road bike... :ph34r: (Now THAT will get me stoned by the white-shoe brigade!)

Note that I'm no top-end rider, just a weekend warrior - and using the base "intro" version of these pedals. I bashed them on rocks numerous times, I've had on chip some plastic off in Jonkers due to that... but I'm still on that same set.

No maintenance (eat that, CB's) but for the odd squirt of Q20 on the plate and the "spring" to sort it when engagement becomes sticky. Still first set of cleats as well. I will go and check mileage for you tonight if you want to ...

I was concerned due to my Shimano experiences that this will cause more issues to disengage, since there is not setting the pedal, only shims under the cleat. Disengages super smooth. (If that was one of your concerns)

Haha, and no - I'm not from LOOK's PR or sales department. Just very happy with an awesome product - it really works for me. YMMV

I have been using S-Track for two years now and have had no issues. At last years S2C, the guys that shipped my bike lost my pedals and they put Shimano on. We had rain on the last day of the Adventure and those pedals became clogged wtih mud. A real pain! I have never had that issue with S-Track.

Recently got a set of S-Tracks(and got another as spare after that as a backup) after using quartz pedals(having tried CB and Shimano and not enjoying them at all)

Have used Look road pedals since the late 80s/early 90s and can honestly say that design on road pedals has not changed much and they seem to have taken their EXTENSIVE knowledge and translated that into an absolutely awesome MTB pedal. Will take a lot for me to change from LOOK....

My hubby's s track left pedal broke a week ago after almost 2years of punishment and after buying a new set from our local bike shop, the owner informed us that you can now fix it by buying the "body" for only R165 and gave us a further discount on the new pedals. Best pedals on the market and I can't believe there is still people that ride with shimano's just because they have not yet tried out something else.

• 2 months later...

I ride a set of S-Tracks and find them great however mine started Creaking with all the dry and dusty conditions in cape atm. Unfortunately the right side Spindle "nut" is stripped (second hand set) so cant re-grease the right side. For now I am putting up with the creak and in few months ill replace the set. I added cages giving me more confidence riding trails. I will most certainly recommend these to anyone.

• 7 months later...

"Never wanted any(thing other than) CB's".... there I fixed it for you ;-)

After 15 000 km on my first set of egg beaters they are still as awesome as the day I bought them.

• 7 months later...

Can anyone give me the rundown on servicing these, replacing grease, and with what grease? as I understand that's as far as servicing goes, cannot replace the bearings. Mine seems to be a bit stiff in rotation.

Thanks

Can anyone give me the rundown on servicing these, replacing grease, and with what grease? as I understand that's as far as servicing goes, cannot replace the bearings. Mine seems to be a bit stiff in rotation.

Thanks

open them with a 17 spanner (i think)

clean out with turps, dry completely and pop in fresh grease (your choice) be careful not to add too much grease

Archived