LOOK S Tracks Pedals

Mr LOOK

Takes a few times getting used to, but I prefer the S Track to the Shimano SPD setup. Feels MUCH better when pedaling. So, not hard at all once you get into them. My 2 cents.

thanks, will test out the DSC Comp cleats first, hoping i'll adjust to it after a couple of rides

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is there anyone with a pair of quarts pedals that is up for grabs? Mr Look, did they completely discontinued the quarts, cause I cannot find a set anywhere?

is there anyone with a pair of quarts pedals that is up for grabs? Mr Look, did they completely discontinued the quarts, cause I cannot find a set anywhere?

i found some at my LBS

Reading all of the remarks here it makes me almost regret choosing the Shimano's over the S-Tracks when I went for clip-in pedals. Don't get me wrong I really enjoy the SPD's but that's the only benchmark I have.

How much maintenance is required on the S-Track MTB compared to say Crank Brother Candy's?

How really hard are the standard cleats(DSC Comp) to clipping in and out?

Should I go buy the DSC Easy's off the bat?

The std s tracks are great they are not hard to un cleat

i found some at my LBS

ok cool. must be some old stock not moving. did you get a look at the price?

I can confirm that the are completely discontinued. I saw a pair of the Quartz Carbons at Cycle Tech in Kyalami a short while ago...you might be lucky there. I will send you a PM if a spot a set somewhere else.

Reading all of the remarks here it makes me almost regret choosing the Shimano's over the S-Tracks when I went for clip-in pedals. Don't get me wrong I really enjoy the SPD's but that's the only benchmark I have.

How much maintenance is required on the S-Track MTB compared to say Crank Brother Candy's?

I just changed from egg beaters to S-Tracks. Rebuilt my Eggbeaters in about 20-30 minutes, most of the time spent looking for runaway bearings.

Loved the feel of the S-tracks on the mountain. All the + of eggbeaters and ease but a much better platform.

Service of the S-tracks took about 5 minutes, of which the longest part was looking for my 19 spanner. As far as maintenance goes, S-tracks are way better. Also the mechanical design of the bearings and retention. The reason I tried the S-track's in the first place was that my eggbeaters came apart on my last ride with them! Pedal off of spindle! A design weakness.

Anyone have problems with burning feet? Since using S-track pedals, my feet and especially my toes are burning after about an hour of riding. I am currently using 1 black thin shim below the cleats on my specialized s-work mtb shoes. Any advice? Thicker shim? Move cleat forward/backward? :blink:

Anyone have problems with burning feet? Since using S-track pedals, my feet and especially my toes are burning after about an hour of riding. I am currently using 1 black thin shim below the cleats on my specialized s-work mtb shoes. Any advice? Thicker shim? Move cleat forward/backward? :blink:

move your cleat back

Archived