Incorrect Classifieds Postings

Brogue

1. LOL, yeah you shoulda, but you didn't, so your point is moot 2. If I wanted your opinion I woulda given it to ya.

Grow up Wurm (apt moniker). It's users like you that make the Hub an unpleasant experieice for all that that don't bow to your silly seniority complexes.

whistling.gif whistling.gif

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome, you will figure these guys out, some are here cause they love cycling, some come here to be donkeys, almost my first post was answered by a statement about me being a "village idiot" and a noob, it's almost standard, stick around you will eventually find a good couple of Hubbers.

& you are been seen as a 'lower form of human' (eg) for residing in the free state, but those same people forget they're only super human & make mistakes themselves. Ie: being stuck on the highway without petrol...

Made it personal?

No, you self-righteous turkey. You did that, unnecessarily.

I'm not wanting in on the 'fight' as I haven't started it (too intersting just between you 2), but an observation I made on your fisrt post in this thread. You actually said "you" "you" , so I assume you spoke to Tokyo. Now who made it personal first?

Just an observation whistling.gif

Edited by jdb10810

& you are been seen as a 'lower form of human' (eg) for residing in the free state, but those same people forget they're only super human & make mistakes themselves. Ie: being stuck on the highway without petrol...

My advice to newbies and rookies is to grow a thick skin, overnight. There are always a few sad trolls who find pleasure in their own unpleasantness.

P.S: Spent three years in Bloem as a Captain based at 3Mil in Tempe, still have fond memories of my time there.

Edited by TOKYO3991

Isn't this how Clint started on the hub? Moronic posts castigating the great and the good?

Very special trolls

Noted, and amended because I don't disagree. The thrust of the post remains unchanged though.Thanks :)

Sorry, Tokyo...

I was tongue in cheek.

:-)

Removed by whom?

So after 5 posts you reckon you know how Thehub should be run?

Are you serious? Really should try and relax my brother, don't take that "King" thing get to you head - just remember who gave you that name. 5000 posts on the hub does not make you king, just someone that have too much time - rather get on your bike and get rid of all that aggression.

Sorry, Tokyo...

I was tongue in cheek.

:-)

No worries Dale. As I said, I don't disagree. Perhaps the word was contentious in the title, it certainly got up the noses of Kentucky Fried Crispy and Wurmpie's's noses. The former revealed himself to be a bitter hubber, the latter has foot in mouth.

It remains in the body of the post though :)

No worries Dale. As I said, I don't disagree. Perhaps the word was contentious in the title, it certainly got up the noses of Kentucky Fried Crispy and Wurmpie's's noses. The former revealed himself to be a bitter hubber, the latter has foot in mouth.

It remains in the body of the post though :)

Welcome to the HubSA.

It's a cool place to share and receive points of view of this beautiful sport.

Hi all,

After a read through the comments in this thread I'd like to raise a few points:

1. In response to Brogue's original comment:

I've noticed a tendency by advertisers to post ads of individual components, parts and accessories they're flogging in the "complete bikes" sections, both road, and MTB. This is lazy and clogs up that classification unnecessarily.

Sellers should post in the most applicable section, rather than the most viewed or risk having their ads removed.

I have also noticed this tendency and while some are place incorrectly by mistake, others are placed in more popular categories intentionally.

Currently we to not pre-screen adverts or actively monitor categories. As in the forums we rely on users to report incorrectly posted adverts which will then be deleted / moved to the correct category.

In order to reduce the number of incorrectly posted adverts we will soon be introducing an improved category selection process to replace the currently clumsy category selection process.

Along with these improvements, we will be reviewing moderation policies w.r.t. the Classifieds to look at dedicated Classifieds moderators to assist in keeping ads in order.

Brogue, thanks for your feedback on this. It is something we are aware of and looking to improve.

2. Comments from Hubber's suggesting that newbie's can't have a say or expectations:

Keep in mind that post count or join date isn't a true indicator of familiarity with The Hub. Many users prefer to browse the various sections of The Hub or stick to using the Classifieds almost exclusively and thus don't have a high post count.

The notion that a post count should determine whether a user can or cannot provide useful feedback is ridiculous.

I do agree that a newbie coming out swinging when they perhaps don't fully understand features or processes is out of line, however this is not the case here.

Yes The Hub has come a long way - specifically the Classifieds section, however we want to take it much further. In order to do that we require continuous feedback from users old and new.

We (and I include all Hubbers here) should be encouraging this kind of feedback and constructive criticism.

Finally, please take a moment to familiarise yourselves with our Forum rules if you haven't already.

]We welcome debate and dissent, but personal attacks (on members or any individual), persistent trolling and mindless abuse will not be tolerated.[/b]