Normal PPA/Winningtime behaviour?

controlc

On Saturday I did the Remax/Die Wingerd. It was a "late entry" and I filled out an entry form and indicated that I'll be doing the long route. Later that afternoon when I checked on the winningtime results page, it indicated my correct time, but according to them I did the medium route [even though I started and cycled with the long route bunches]

I emailed winningtime on Saturday and asked how this can be corrected. I'm still waiting for a reply...

That same evening I decided to enter online for the Medallion [don't want them to mess with my times again]. I also entered my gf for her first race, and bought a WT chip for her. I received an email confirming my entry, but she only received one confiming the WT chip purchase. When I checked my bank statement, it only showed the deductions for one race entry and one WT chip purchase.

I waited untill Monday [i thought it was perhaps a banking issue] before I emailed PPA and explained what happened and also asked what to do. [i don't want to arrive at the race and get told that one of us didn't enter].

I'm still waiting for a response from them...

Am I the only one getting this pathetic service from WT & PPA, or is this normal behaviour for them?

Neva Eva mail PPA. Get on the phone and talk to Karin Pohl. Not to anyone else but to Karin.

Neva Eva mail winningtime / Neva eva phone them you are wasting your time.

Queries are passed onto WT by the PPA.  Mistakes get corected in the week that follows; with them having timed three events this past weekend (Fast One, Die Wingerd and The Rollercoaster) things might take a little longer than normal.  PM me if you continue to have no luck and I will follow it up for you.

So what are we paying for? The worst part is that after a while we all just accept that that's the way it is!

An update:

I've sent Winningtime another email and asked them to "please reply".

Now I see they've completely removed my time for the race.

WTF?

Queries are passed onto WT by the PPA.  Mistakes get corected in the week that follows; with them having timed three events this past weekend (Fast One' date=' Die Wingerd and The Rollercoaster) things might take a little longer than normal.  PM me if you continue to have no luck and I will follow it up for you.[/quote']

Please help

My Son did the fast one, according to Winningtime he did not do the race or did not enter

Gave them the race number & 747 Juniors, my wife put on the number, so it was on correctly mailed them , got a response sorry no entry and that was it.

This is my sons career he is not a funrider and has been offered a contract for 2009 All his results will be noted he had a top 30 finish , but according to Winningtime that is not important to them i mean THEY HAVE ALREADY BEEN PAID---  talk about service delivery or NOT

Gave them the race number & 747 Juniors' date=' my wife put on the number, so it was on correctly mailed them , got a response sorry no entry and that was it.
[/quote']

Hey! At least you got a reply! Big%20smile

I'm starting to get real pi$$ed at WT. This is now the second time they've deleted my race results after asking for advice.

Wait till you have to deal with CC. Probably never, but if you do you will find them to be seriously jacked up.

The difference in service between WT and CC is like comparing a k*k Cannondale with Shimano and a lovely Scott Addict with full Record and Boras.

CC's race appointments are made on merit...

Is it common knowledge that the PPA vice chairman is also a director of WT?

I disocvered this by performing a director search for Winning Time (Race Administration Systems WTSA Pty Ltd). It is not immediately apparent on the WT website.

It seems that WT is appointed as time-keeper for all PPA races, including the Argus, 94,7, Ride for Sight, Herald etc. Is there an unbiased process to select the timekeeper for these races? After all, the PPA is, as far as I'm aware, a non-profit entity incorporated to "promote cycling and the interests of cyclists."

Surely securing a decent timekeeper is "in the interests of cyclists"?

And then this from the PPA constitution (garnered off its website):

"All Committee members shall annually and not later than the first meeting after their election to office in any year, in writing, declare any commercial or other conflicts of interests which they may have with the Association, in such form as the Committee, from time to time, may stipulate. Nothing herein contained shall preclude anyone from being a member of the Committee, notwithstanding that he or she may have conflicts of interest with the Association, provided that the person concerned declares such conflicts and the Committee is nonetheless satisfied that the Association is not substantially prejudiced thereby and provided further that the member concerned shall recuse himself/herself from all voting in regard to all issues in which he or she may have a conflict of interests."

And this from the PPA AGM 2004 (also off the website):

"TIMING

As mentioned above, David Clarke left the committee to head up a new company providing timing services to the Cycle Tour and other events.

After careful consideration of all of the alternatives, it was decided that the Association would enter into a timing contract with the new Winning Time SA company. We have outlined strict deliverables and are in the process of finalising the contractual relationships on an arms length basis, but are confident of the ability for this company to deliver the necessary service demanded by our members and us."

Oh well I'm relieved that the conflicts are declared, the necessary recusals are made and that everything is done at an arm's length basis. I was worried there for a second.

Is it common knowledge that the PPA vice chairman is also a director of WT?

Hmmm. Didn't know that. Guess that's why I'm getting the same crappy service from both WT and PPA.

On a different note: does anyone know how much it costs to use WT to time an event? i.e. how much cheaper would the entries be if we didn't had to to use useless WT? Confused

It's common knowledge.  It's not something they advertise, but they mentioned it at their last meeting.  Do yourself a favour and go to the next meeting.  You get LOTS of info.  Even if you don't like them, go and hear what they are up to.

cut timing from the normal run of the mill races. all of us have cycle computors we can time ourselves. just imagine the cost it would save us. time the Argus , Burger , 99'er and maybe two other events for seeding purposes.

my 3 cents

Controlc said:

On Saturday I did the Remax/Die Wingerd. It was a "late entry" and I filled out an entry form and indicated that I'll be doing the long route. Later that afternoon when I checked on the winningtime results page, it indicated my correct time, but according to them I did the medium route [even though I started and cycled with the long route bunches]

Confused

I no great fan of WT (still waiting for a 2007 CdeC query), but difficult to see how your error can occur because the timing mats are all that is used to indicate where you started, what form you filled is irrelevant - once all the long guys have left, then they are reset to start on the next distance. Is it not possible that you started late on the long route and the mats had been set already for the shorter route?

Strange things do happen though - on an event at the end of last year, WT gave me a time +/- 20 mins quicker than my computer - you win some ,you loose some!!!! LOL