Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What bike, what kind of riding, what kind of rider, what kind of budget .... you can't just drop a one liner like that and expect an informative response.

Sorry hairy. Im assuming you guys know what ive got.... :blush: will be going on Pyga 120 650B....

Looking at around 8k for the fork, aggressive riding and rider.

Anything else?

Edited by flyluis

Guest Omega Man

This is what the Shova should have become

No. The Shova became the Sukuma which is exactly what it should have become. That thing looks like something kids make in metal shop class in std 4

No. The Shova became the Sukuma which is exactly what it should have become. That thing looks like something kids make in metal shop class in std 4

I have times when I miss my Shova, I can't comment on the Sukuma, but the Shova was simple, stiff and tough!

All it lacked was ISG tabs, a bit more travel and a modern head tube with a little slacker HA.... a DHX 5.0 rear can would also have been great. Hang on, I have just described the Mbuzi!

Me too, I hope to design/copy something like this myself one day.

Now ur talking! I have always wanted to build frames for bikes, motorised kind as well. I have designed and manufactured extended A-arms for my Suz LTR450 before. Just think that I will have to practice TIG welding Alu for a few months before I attempt to build a frame. Also the angles and lengths are too much for me. Will just copy a design like you said.

:ph34r:

Guest Omega Man

I have times when I miss my Shova, I can't comment on the Sukuma, but the Shova was simple, stiff and tough!

All it lacked was ISG tabs, a bit more travel and a modern head tube with a little slacker HA.... a DHX 5.0 rear can would also have been great. Hang on, I have just described the Mbuzi!

Yeah I had an Mbuzi. Albeit very briefly. My mate's youngster is on it now. Is it just me or is that other thing built in such a way that you wouldn't be able to run a remote reservoir can?

Zerode. It's from New Zealand. Seen one in the Ali. Very quiet and the only bike I'd swop my DHR for.

Seriously shweet design, I hope they bring out an enduro/trail bike soon.........I think its time to speak to the boss 'bout that raise.

Hard to tell, but it looks like it could clear with the reservoir running below the main body.

On full compression it looks like the res can will be parallel with the down tube

Now ur talking! I have always wanted to build frames for bikes, motorised kind as well. I have designed and manufactured extended A-arms for my Suz LTR450 before. Just think that I will have to practice TIG welding Alu for a few months before I attempt to build a frame. Also the angles and lengths are too much for me. Will just copy a design like you said.

:ph34r:

Been playing around with a design based on the GT Sanction/Force (have a spare carbon rear triangle). The front triangle would be out of steel.

I've worked out a potential chain path (need to check clearances tho), next would be to design/integrate an internal gearbox in the BB linkage.

Been playing around with a design based on the GT Sanction/Force (have a spare carbon rear triangle). The front triangle would be out of steel.

I've worked out a potential chain path (need to check clearances tho), next would be to design/integrate an internal gearbox in the BB linkage.

Cool shiz! Awesome project, are you a mech engineer? The welding jigs also pose some interesting challenges. please keep me up to date on your progress.

http://fcdn.mtbr.com/attachments/ibis/808032d1371201524t-mojo-hdr-picture-build-thread-ibis-mojo-hdr-over-edge-melrose.jpg

I like this bike

I'm looking for a bit of help from the enduro experts! I'm looking at building up an enduro type bike, I have a pair of mavic cross trails(2010) that are not really being used. Just wondering if u think these will be to weak for what I'm looking for (rock gardens, jumps etc) I'm a resionably light but do ride quite aggressively, do you think these will hold up? And also if anyone one knows if they can be converted to 15mm up front ans 142x12mm at the back? They are currently 9mm. Thanks!

Mavic Cross-trails are great wheels. Strong-ish, and not too light. But worth it for am / heavy XC riding.

As for the hubs, I'm not sure - I think some of the mavixperts can help you there!