Parcel at the HUB

Waynehans

I purchased a few wheel parts from the UK.

It is in SA. The person says my package is at the Hub????

Who can I phone or find out if I can collect there.

they probably talking about one of the major postal hubs.

have you got a tracking number? check the sapo tracking if so?

sms.postoffice.co.za/TrackingParcels/

and have you tried contacting customs?

ems.sapo.co.za

word of warning you may have to hold for quite a while for an agent, and make sure you have the overseas tracking number available, otherwise you'll just be wasting your time.

they probably talking about one of the major postal hubs.

have you got a tracking number? check the sapo tracking if so?

sms.postoffice.co.za/TrackingParcels/

and have you tried contacting customs?

ems.sapo.co.za

word of warning you may have to hold for quite a while for an agent, and make sure you have the overseas tracking number available, otherwise you'll just be wasting your time.

Where do I get customs number, dunno where to start

Phone the International mail centre at Joburg Airport 011 961 6000, they should be able to tell you where it is as well as they may be holding it waiting for customs payment.

Even if you dont have a tracking number, you can give your name and delivery address and they will tell you when it came into the country and what the status of it is.

If they are holding it, you can drive to the airport mail centre and pay the customs there and take your goods.

Where do I get customs number, dunno where to start

have you got the tracking number from the UK company you bought the spares from?

if so have it handy and here is the number for the customer call center

customer call centre at (011)961-6006/7/8/9/10

tell the agent you'd like to find out what is happening with your parcel, and give them the tracking number, they should then be able to tell you how much vat/ duties you need to pay on arrival and give you the south african tracking number

My Process.... :-)

1. Once you have your international number call 0860111502 (be patient, they do answer), give them your Int tracking number and they will give you the local number (if the item has arrived in SA).

2. Go to http://www.postoffic...ckandtrace.html (new site design) and insert local number

• If it says that its ready for collect / "first notice" then go to your local PO with the Tracking number to collect
  • If it says "Incoming International" or "To Customs" then call (011)961-6006/7/8/9/10 as per brad890
  • If it says "Detention Notice" you will need to E-Mail them the Invoice to prove the value for them to work out the Vat etc

3. Up to the point of the second "In Transit" notice you may have the option to collect it either at the Johannesburg International Mail Center (JIMC) or CTIMC, again 011 961 6000 can confirm if its still there or if it has left already.

4. If the website says "Germiston Hub", "Witspos Hub" or any other Hub (CPT, PE, Durmail etc) then you have no other option except waiting for it to clear the hub. These are sorting hubs and do not have any public access facilities, it can take anywhere from 1 day to 4 weeks to clear a hub, although the norm is around 1-2 days max when they are not on strike.

Edit: Wasn't finished

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys,

I have a parcel incoming and was wondering two things: TRACKING

LINE TYPE DATE TIME BRANCH COMMENTS 1 In transit 2014/07/30 10:40 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB) 2 From Customs 2014/07/28 11:55 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB) 3 To Customs 2014/07/23 11:16 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB) 4 Incomming International 2014/07/23 09:03 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB)

Thanks in advance

International mail centre is

Jones Rd,

Jet Park,

Boksburg,

Sometimes it is possible to collect, most of the time you wait a day or 2 after being at IMC and it will be delivered.

Corli Steyn <Corli.Steyn@postoffice.co.za> or jimccustomerservices@postoffice.co.za

Corli retired at the end of April....but we now have:

Shadi Motshoane <Shadi.Motshoane@postoffice.co.za>

or

Monica Lynch <Monica.Lynch@postoffice.co.za>

Hi Guys,

I have a parcel incoming and was wondering two things: TRACKING

LINE TYPE DATE TIME BRANCH COMMENTS 1 In transit 2014/07/30 10:40 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB) 2 From Customs 2014/07/28 11:55 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB) 3 To Customs 2014/07/23 11:16 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB) 4 Incomming International 2014/07/23 09:03 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB)

Thanks in advance

Yip, you need to phone them first, which is its own problem completely.

Google Johannesburg international mail center, you need to pay the clearing fee there.

Good luck.

Archived