To the Roadie on the West Coast Road Last night

Hairy

If it gets handed to me, its already out of my ass, clean your fingers!

Everything on this entire thread is based on ONE side of the story, so believe what you want......

Clearly the finer nuances of wordplay are lost one such as yourself.

Again. READ. If "it" gets handed to you, it would be reasonably logical to assume that said foot would be lodged right up inside your keester.

Therefore, you would need to remove said foot from said ass in order to resume normal life.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all for the 'I'm my brothers keeper' approach to life, though it's often those that want to point out everyone else's wrongs, who don't take to kindly when they're on the receiving end.

Regards cyclists policing each other, the jury's out on that one. While I like to be safe, with helmet, lights, the whole toot, i'm not in favour off 'hub bashing' those that do not take the same precautions.

i read many of the posts, which are to shame the offender and judging from the tone of the said post, I'm led to believe that perhaps the well meaning cop needed to up his people skills.

Do we honestly have to get aggressive with people that disagree with us and more especially those who choose not to wear helmets, use lights........

Nothing like sitting behind a guy on a TT-bike with your niner and he can't get rid of you :-) It's leka seeing a guy bleed-out while tring to get rid of you :-)

That's wheel sucking... be a man and drop him!

Agreed, this is not a MTB/Roadie issue.

Then perhaps the thread tagline should read "To the Cyclist on the West Coast Road Last night"...? :whistling:

I'm just wondering if you are not applying here the same stereotype about cyclists (more specifically, "roadies"), that you are implicitly accusing this dude of perpetuating.

Just saying...

Would you like for me to invite witnesses to this thread in order to validate my "story"

Honestly, you need not prove anything to me, I'm just a forum member.

I am just saying, its very easy for me to post a topic called "To the MTBer on Sunset lastnight who swore at me" and blow it out of proportion and give a one sided version. Perhaps the guys was not intending to be caught out riding so late, maybe he wanted to squeeze in a last lap before heading home as he can only get out once a week, whatever.... he is a cyclist, he knows the dangers of being out on the road, you offered and opinion to him, he rejected it, get over it.

As long as you and your cycling group are being safe, you are doing your part for the community.

Sheez chaps, take those chips off your shoulders and listen to what Hairy is actually saying.

Hairy is concerned that one day he's going to find the aforementioned unilluminated cyclist smeared into the tar. Although this chap doesn't seem to care for his life much, that doesn't mean we shouldn't.

I'm all for the 'I'm my brothers keeper' approach to life, though it's often those that want to point out everyone else's wrongs, who don't take to kindly when they're on the receiving end.

Regards cyclists policing each other, the jury's out on that one. While I like to be safe, with helmet, lights, the whole toot, i'm not in favour off 'hub bashing' those that do not take the same precautions.

i read many of the posts, which are to shame the offender and judging from the tone of the said post, I'm led to believe that perhaps the well meaning cop needed to up his people skills.

Do we honestly have to get aggressive with people that disagree with us and more especially those who choose not to wear helmets, use lights........

I disagree with you..... with respect to this issue at hand, with this cyclist, on a road that has claimed far too many lives I will get upset, not aggressive, and I will do what I can to make a change as I am tired of attending awareness rides for those who have fallen (Way before the unfortunate death of Burry Stander) only to see a person show no respect.

Like I said in a previous post, it could lead to an accident where another person could be hurt or killed.

READ. If "it" gets handed to you, it would be reasonably logical to assume that said foot would be lodged right up inside your keester..

I am not sure how you were brought up, but I was taught that when you hand something to someone, you give it to them in their hands not shove it up their ass. I feel sorry for the next person who asks you to hand them the salt... ouch

Ant, if you don't know Hairy, I can assure you that his people skills are well above board.

Flip guys we all on 2 wheels, Do you think your "average joe" is going to know the difference, you're labeled as an idiot regardless road or knobies. I train those roads alot and theres no excuse not to use the path there. A truck crushed a cyclist in the same spot..........

i (we) train on that section of road most (if not raining) tuesday mornings (between 5.30 & 6am). the road is well lit, wide wit h 2 lanes in the same direction and quiet. we are well lit up with lights back & front.

we don't take a chance on the pavement/cycle/jogger/pedestrian path because we ride fast and wouldn't want to meet fellow users/poles unexpectedly.

i personally wouldn't ride on any road in the dark without lights and i (we) make sure that all of our group have lights.

Honestly, you need not prove anything to me, I'm just a forum member.

I am just saying, its very easy for me to post a topic called "To the MTBer on Sunset lastnight who swore at me" and blow it out of proportion and give a one sided version. Perhaps the guys was not intending to be caught out riding so late, maybe he wanted to squeeze in a last lap before heading home as he can only get out once a week, whatever.... he is a cyclist, he knows the dangers of being out on the road, you offered and opinion to him, he rejected it, get over it.

As long as you and your cycling group are being safe, you are doing your part for the community.

Ok, let's assume he was out and caught in the dark.

• The choice to ride on the road while a safe route was available should be considered as gross negligence.
  • The fact that the same rider was found on the same road on another occasion in the early hours of the morning shows that it certainly is not an isolated incident.
  • If you don't want me to prove to you my "story" then do not question the validity or the manner in which it happened the way you have been doing.

I am not sure how you were brought up, but I was taught that when you hand something to someone, you give it to them in their hands not shove it up their ass. I feel sorry for the next person who asks you to hand them the salt... ouch

I am still awaiting an apology for your assault on my character, based on assumptions you built reading this thread.

This is most sensible post on this entire thread. One person can raise an opinion about something with another, said person must then also be ready to have that opinion rejected, as much as you have the right to tell him to be safe, he has the right to tell you to go away. Forcing ones opinion or beliefs on other is a very dangerous road to go down. So like I said, look after yourself, tell the guy what you want, but then dont cry when tells you to go away.

The issue here is not that an opinion was raised, but rather the fact the guy did not get his way, and then comes to the hub looking for support.

Moer mekaar Friday is starting early this week :thumbup: .

And someone doesn't understand how he could get moered by someone handing him his own foot...

Anyway. Big up Hairy, for attempting to get one more cyclist to get lights on their bike. Far too many cyclists being converted to a tar-canvas, and we need to make sure that we are noticed not for being douchebags, but law abiding citizens. And that includes making ones-self visible in sub-standard conditions such as diminished light.