The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

14:05 again today. I guess they don't think the early parts warrant coverage

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14:05 again today. I guess they don't think the early parts warrant coverage

The feed only starts at 2pm (on all channels)

The riders covered a painful 48.2km/h in the first hour of racing and things haven't slowed much in this second hour.

BREAK

09:47:10 GMT

They are: Peter Sagan (Cannondale), Markel Irizar (Radioshack), Pierrick Fédrigo and Jeremy Roy (FDJ.fr), Christophe Riblon (Ag2r-La Mondiale), Alberto Losada (Katusha), Sylvain Chavanel (Omega Pharma-Quick Step), Daryl Impey (Orica-GreenEdge), Wouter Poels (Vacansoleil) and Julien El Fares (Sojasun).

Rolland fighting to keep polka...

So cruel. Just before Rolland and Burghardt got up to the break, the riders up front accelerated away and the gap is now at 35 seconds.

They are perhaps working to control the break in the hope that Quintana can win the stage at the summit of Mont Ventoux.

They are perhaps working to control the break in the hope that Quintana can win the stage at the summit of Mont Ventoux.

Would not mind seeing Quintana attacking and bring some excitement to the climb

Le Mevel and Astarloza have sat up and decided to wait for the peloton, which is 6:30 down on the attackers.

Rolland has also sat up. He and Burghardt were just 15 seconds from the attackers at one point but could not close the gap.

It is sunny and 24C at the start, with a warm breeze down the Rhone valley expected to help the riders cover the long ride south to the foot of Ventoux.

Mont Ventoux is legendary in cycling. It is the ninth time the 1912m high mountain hosts a Tour summit finish and the 15th time it features in the Le Tour.

Today's stage is the longest of the race at 242.5km. However much of the stage (221km) is on flat or rolling roads through the Rhone valley. There are three early category 4 climbs early on to help form the early break of the stage and a cat 3 climb after 143km. However it is the Geant of Provence: Mont Ventoux that dominates the skyline, the stage and the minds of the riders.

As much as I hope for this to an exciting stage, I fear it may be boring, Sky will be watching the other teams so closely, they will let a break go, the break will be full of Frenchman, trying to make Bastille day, a French win on top of the fabled Ventoux.

The break will go early, the stage really only hots up with 20 Kay's to go, by which time the peloton will be about 6-8 minutes behind, Quintana winning is not impossible, Van Garderen looks as if he has found his legs, expect him to be in the mix, I also suspect that Miss Shleck will be in the mix. Voekler without a doubt will also be showing his theatrics on the bikes, he loves showing the cameras how much he is suffering.

Expect Phil to say, Turning himself inside out, turning the pedals in anger, this incredible sport of professional bike riding.....

The crowds, scenery and madness of the masses of people on the climb to Ventoux, will over shadow the racing, but who cares roll on 1400, beers cold, snacks ready and the wife and kids know, that the marriage and fatherhood officially go on pause this afternoon, there will be a sign on the cooler box that says: " We interrupt this marriage to bring you the Ventoux stage!"