Ironman 2014 - 10 Years of Ironman in PE

Garfield2010

Thx for the support guys. All i can say is that with this route someone will get seriously injured as some stage. How did DaveM do?? Didnt see him once

Injured?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I can say is WOW :eek:

Nailed the swim - 1h05 and everything was nice and dandy until about 50kms into the bike and hamstring started cramping. Threw times out the window and went into survival mode ... second lap of the bike was over an 1h15 slower than the first. Did a run walk run until the end and finished in a disappointing 15h30.

As I was leaving the announcer said it was going to be a record year from dropouts ... and I can believe it. Was a very very tough day in the office.

Small world as I met Fabes on the run!

Crowd support was unreal on the course!

Garf were you wearing a black kit with compression calfs and riding a spez? You passed my on the bike at about 20kms and I called out but wasn't sure if it was you.

Proud of my family - Fabes ( son in law ) kept going despite having a horrid day and my daughter did a 13.19 for her first one and got a 2nd in her age cat - so Fabes you spoiling us with a trip to Kona??

Proud of my family - Fabes ( son in law ) kept going despite having a horrid day and my daughter did a 13.19 for her first one and got a 2nd in her age cat - so Fabes you spoiling us with a trip to Kona??

Go Mrs Fabes! :thumbup:

Congrats to both of you :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congrats to all the finishers :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap:

You all have a medal to be proud of.

http://ironmansadotcom.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/im-2014-076.jpg

Some 10 year ironman...a bag,finisher t shirt & medal

oh and trans-act flip flops

surely they could have did more

Well it sounds like they made it a bit harder than previous years and participants can say they did the 10th IMSA and it was a beast....

Congrats again to all

If you want I have a lot of sanex, old copy of garden and home and future life at home to make up a goodie bag for you. You left out one important thing ... a truly world class event.

That being said the finisher shirt could have said "Finisher 2014"

What was up with James Cunnama?

Thought he would have done better.

Unless it was just a Kona validation race.

TOP marks to all that finished.

I sat and watched, next to a pregnant wife, wishing I was out there.

So Jealous

:)

All I can say is WOW :eek:

Nailed the swim - 1h05 and everything was nice and dandy until about 50kms into the bike and hamstring started cramping. Threw times out the window and went into survival mode ... second lap of the bike was over an 1h15 slower than the first. Did a run walk run until the end and finished in a disappointing 15h30.

So you're all talk and no action?!!

Just kidding, well done on finishing when I'm sure many more pulled out along the way, sure the medal means more than the time.

If you want I have a lot of sanex, old copy of garden and home and future life at home to make up a goodie bag for you. You left out one important thing ... a truly world class event.

That being said the finisher shirt could have said "Finisher 2014"

What did it say.... ?

Sounds like a rolloverforthenextevent shirt?

Ah anyway, you surely not going to walk around with it on are you? :whistling:

So you're all talk and no action?!!

Just kidding, well done on finishing when I'm sure many more pulled out along the way, sure the medal means more than the time.

Thanks - see you there next year?

What did it say.... ?

Sounds like a rolloverforthenextevent shirt?

Ah anyway, you surely not going to walk around with it on are you? :whistling:

Don't think they get away with the 10year logo on it next year :whistling:

Its actually not a bad shirt - long sleeve cotton shirt with a collar and more importantly the fit is quite well so ill wear it. The 70.3 shirt was a shocker but it looks like it could have just been a retail purchase and not a finishers shirt. Anyways that is a small thing in the bigger picture. Going to remember the tough lessons out on the course longer after the shirt fades.

Archived