Upgrade to carbon

Joebike

Want to upgrade my cockpit and seatpost to carbon components!which brand do i go for?Like the look of the Ritchy WCS stuff?!any other brands to look out for?

Want to upgrade my cockpit and seatpost to carbon components!which brand do i go for?Like the look of the Ritchy WCS stuff?!any other brands to look out for?

WCS is pretty sweet, superlogic if you want to shoot the lights out....Enve if you want to be the...wait for it.....envy of every rider next to you

Edited by rouxtjie

What's your weight?

Here's my favourite combo:

Easton ea90/ea70 carbon bar (R1100, 110g/125g)

KCNC seatpost (+-R800, 160g)

KCNC stem (R500, 105g)

KCNC skewers (R250, 55g)

Best value for money weight saving combo.

Alu is sometimes lighter than carbon at half the price. So don't be ashamed to buy alu.

Yep, Zipp is very nice and so is Enve. I have expensive taste :thumbdown:

Edited by LOOK695

KCNC Alu stuff. Cheaper and lighter than any Carbon stuff. My whole cockpit is KCNC Alu, only seatpost is carbon (but it came with the frame), all clamps and skewers also KCNC.

Strong and durable (but handlebar does flex a bit when sprinting with your hands in the drops.)

Edited by Wannabe

Easton EC70 Monkeylite Riser bar with Thomson Elite 70mm Stem and matching Silver Thompson Elite Seatpost.

Edited by North Shore

I have carbon everything on my MTB except the seatpost.

Too nervouse that thing goes snap and get initiated.

For 50grams i dont think its worth it.

Just got myself the Fizik seatpost and it is pretty i think.

http://www.fizik.it/...atposts/Cyrano/

With you on being impaled on a carbon post thats snapped but think off the detist bill when your carbon bars snaps.....Eina!!!

Aluminium for me thanks, the 100g I would save going carbon on my bars and post was not worth the extra R1000 or more I would've needed to spend. Just take a dump before your cycle :w00t:

Alu is sometimes lighter than carbon at half the price. So don't be ashamed to buy alu.

tried to get a KCNC 350mm seat post..they dont do any more grrr

With you on being impaled on a carbon post thats snapped but think off the detist bill when your carbon bars snaps.....Eina!!!

Aluminium for me thanks, the 100g I would save going carbon on my bars and post was not worth the extra R1000 or more I would've needed to spend. Just take a dump before your cycle :w00t:

Speaking from painful experience I can assure you that Alu is not necessarily better than carbon.

Doing 50km/h at the bottom of a hill in the Cradle and my alu bar snapped clean in half without warning (no flex, no bend, just off). That was quite educational.

Carbon doesn't let go like that, you'll get enough warning. I still ride alu bars, I just make sure they're healthy and clamped properly.

Got my eye on the new Thomson carbon XC and AM bars 730mm widths - seem to get good early reviews and you typically cannot go wrong with anything that Thomson puts their name to as they over-engineer everthing