Karoo To Coast 2013

Mailman7412

I think I was something like 5min before the cut-off time in 2011 (Remember that 1 ?...killer hot!)

All my mates were waiting 2+ hours for me at the end :clap: . Had a nice braai that eve and made it great times with my mates.

THIS year I finally joined a gym (ahhh the edge my mates were telling me about) and have been putting in some spinning sessions. Bought a 29er dually (only 12kg's) and have learnt how to eat correctly on 3+ hour rides (the major mistake I made in 2011 was I didnt feul-up correctly)

SO - with all that in the back of my mind I hope and pray that the 2013 K2C is gonna be awesome times....with the same 'ol friends all over again except this year I would like to finish in at around the 5:30 mark and not the 7:30 mark.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there for my 3rd one. 2011 was my 1st one and man it was hot and tough, it took me 6hrs 30mins :blink: Dropped 9kg's and trained a little more for 2012 and did it in 4hrs50mins. Now I'm another 9kg's lighter(but should drop another 6kg's before the race), getting a new bike that isn't two sizes too small for me and I've been training harder than ever since Jan. So I'm going for sub 4hr :thumbup:

It's a fun event. No technical sections and a 14km downhill makes for a very fast 95km's.

I'm bringing a whole bunch of mates that have never ridden it before. It's a must if you're on this side of the country

Also going with friends.

Not a fan of the camping on the show grounds thing. It is usually hot / cold / dusty / muddy and the noise levels from the ex golfers-turned-mountainbikers is always cause of friction to those who simply want to get a good night's sleep. We booked into a guest farm between Uniondale and Willowmore (20 minutes from Uniondale) as before.

A bad night's sleep is about a 10 to 15% handicap (to use golfing terms) on your end time and a tough day detracts from the beauty of the route, particularly when you are turning off at Kom se pad.

I was stupid enough to enter and have no idea how I am going to organise accommodation and then getting my car to the finish.

I might have to let go of this one. My family will be camping that week, so I won't be able to get my wife seconding for me. Crumbs, way to hasty with the credit card am I.

I might have accomodation options. Let me know if you still want to go through with it

I might have accomodation options. Let me know if you still want to go through with it

Hi Andre, if Moridin is not interrested I might be looking for accomodation for 2 adults and 2 children.

I'll be there for my 3rd one. 2011 was my 1st one and man it was hot and tough, it took me 6hrs 30mins :blink: Dropped 9kg's and trained a little more for 2012 and did it in 4hrs50mins. Now I'm another 9kg's lighter(but should drop another 6kg's before the race), getting a new bike that isn't two sizes too small for me and I've been training harder than ever since Jan. So I'm going for sub 4hr :thumbup:

It's a fun event. No technical sections and a 14km downhill makes for a very fast 95km's.

I'm bringing a whole bunch of mates that have never ridden it before. It's a must if you're on this side of the country

great stuff on the weight loss, my biggest hurdle, I did my first one last year did a 5h07 but still weight 100kg

We'll be there! Also popping through to Uniondale from Knysna the morning though due to accomodation being such a beetch.

Let me discuss this my SWMBO and I will let you know.

Hi Andre, if Moridin is not interrested I might be looking for accomodation for 2 adults and 2 children.

Peter I'm new to the hub, but sent a private message to you, dont know if thats the way to do it, but if you did not get it, just let me know.

Edited by Andre_69

Peter I'm new to the hub, but sent you a private message to you, dont know if thats the way do do it, but if you did not get it, just let me know.

any chance you know of some accom available for transbaviaans on 17th August ?

any chance you know of some accom available for transbaviaans on 17th August ?

Mike I do have place open, but its not a guest house, thus its like self catering if you do have special needs or requests.

Mike I do have place open, but its not a guest house, thus its like self catering if you do have special needs or requests.

Thanks Andre, ill call you this morning.