Karoo To Coast 2013

Mailman7412

Ja, but is it worth much? I will be glad to get half my money back.

Sure you could full amount. Wait until entries close then sell it

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ja, but is it worth much? I will be glad to get half my money back.

Sure you could full amount. Wait until entries close then sell it

Patience is a virtue;)

From the website:

LATE ENTRIES

The event entries are up in entry numbers and late entries at registration in Uniondale on Saturday 22nd cannot be guaranteed. Late entries will not be seeded.

SUBSTITUTIONS

Riders may substitute entries but this process only takes place at registration. The new rider must bring the proof of entry the person who is no longer riding receives after 12th September. They must fill in a new entry form at registration and bring this form to enquiries at registration where a R20 admin fee will be charged to change the data. The rider will most probably receive the race number that they "inherited" from the previous rider.

Well let me give a word of encouragement. In 2011 I was in the last 50 at 7h:14min.

In 2012 I came in at 5h:40min and this year we are going for a sub 5h.

I find that when we did more climbing and reduced our longer rides I improved vastly

Enjoy

I will be there.

How much of a mission is it to drive to Uniondale the morning of the race from Knysna or is it best to sleep over ?

Not bad at all

The annual Karoo2Coast Pre-ride takes place on the weekend of 24/25 August. Depart Knysna at 0800, ride to Uniondale via the Dump Road, with a stop at De Vlugt. Ouwapad is optional. Stay over in Uniondale. Depart Uniondale 0800 for the full Karoo2Coast route back to Knysna. It is not a race (either way) and is a great opportunity to ride for a bit with people you may not normally ride with.

It is important to organize meals (& accomodation) beforehand, as well as ride food & drink. This is one of the best cycling weekends around, and a great way to get out of your comfort zone.

This is ideally an unsupported two way ride, so bags go in a vehicle in Knysna, and you see them again other side the mountains.

EVERYBODY welcome, the more the merrier!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Anyone from Mosselbaai/Hartenbos doing the K2C that might have a lift available?

Scheduled for the Saturday evening in Uniondale.

Keep on pedaling!

Just a query about the route. What are the surfaces like? Mainly gravel roads? Would you get away with CX tyres?

Just a query about the route. What are the surfaces like? Mainly gravel roads? Would you get away with CX tyres?

Yes

Only the first few km's up and down the the Old Wapad is VERY rocky. Rest is all good quality gravel roads.

• 2 weeks later...

meh - i dunno if i'm doing this years one.

My training hasnt been on track and its a hell of a long way to go to have a crap race

So I broke the credit card and got the 29'er silverback. Couldn't go all out and put on tubless, but I am a roady so I should be able to swop out a tube fast enough.....

What else do I need to do this race, as in really REALLY need.

Keeping in mind the the funds has dried up pretty much. (Especially after the argus like price of entry)

So I broke the credit card and got the 29'er silverback. Couldn't go all out and put on tubless, but I am a roady so I should be able to swop out a tube fast enough.....

What else do I need to do this race, as in really REALLY need.

Keeping in mind the the funds has dried up pretty much. (Especially after the argus like price of entry)

Legs :ph34r:

1 month to go! My training got a bit of a hit after i tore my ankle ligaments but ive been back on the bike for a week now.

Wont be chasing a time anymore now its just a finish!