poaching at groenkloof

vinylguy

morning all

my wife road at groenkloof on sunday, they road past a dead kudu, it had been shot and hacked to pieces just skeleton left behind.

it had been dragged to a secluded part of groenkloof near bottom picnic spots. so doubt it was the park people that did it.

anybody see it or know anything about it???

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

morning all

my wife road at groenkloof on sunday, they road past a dead kudu, it had been shot and hacked to pieces just skeleton left behind.

it had been dragged to a secluded part of groenkloof near bottom picnic spots. so doubt it was the park people that did it.

This is very disturbing

Surely it's not biltong hunters? Probably local homeless guys looking for a bit of venison for the pot.

I live near Lonehill and a friend on mine's wife does some meals for the homeless people that are staying close to the old Clay Oven as part of their church outreach. Turns out those guys have been trapping and eating the Lonehill and neighboring area's dassies.

I recon it's the local homeless guy's looking for food. A kudu will feed a lot of them for a long time. Winter will always see more of this type of behavior as people become more desperate.

dont know if it was shot, but it was dragged to that spot, long blood trail.

doubt u could wrestle a kudu!

either shot or trapped with a snair

i have emailed the manager at groenkloof to see what the story was

Very very disturbing, but as mentioned the people are desperate!

Most probably used a snare?

I know there is a problem with poachers using packs of dogs to catch small buck etc in some parts of the country.

Keep us infomed.

morning all

Thas very disturbing..... have you been in touch with management there?

Surely it's not biltong hunters? Probably local homeless guys looking for a bit of venison for the pot.

I live near Lonehill and a friend on mine's wife does some meals for the homeless people that are staying close to the old Clay Oven as part of their church outreach. Turns out those guys have been trapping and eating the Lonehill and neighboring area's dassies.

I recon it's the local homeless guy's looking for food. A kudu will feed a lot of them for a long time. Winter will always see more of this type of behavior as people become more desperate.

Dassie eating? good idea for lonehill as the population is at 4X its carrying capacity at present cos of people feeding the things!

Thas very disturbing..... have you been in touch with management there?

i have emailed the management to ask?

also asked why their is a unlocked gate in fountains that anyone can gain access to from outside! hence the recent muggings

wrestling down a kudu is not for sissies.... they probably used some sort of tool...

i have emailed the management to ask?

also asked why their is a unlocked gate in fountains that anyone can gain access to from outside! hence the recent muggings

when you receive some feedback (and lets hope you do) please keep us posted!

dont know if it was shot, but it was dragged to that spot, long blood trail.

doubt u could wrestle a kudu!

either shot or trapped with a snair

i have emailed the manager at groenkloof to see what the story was

...... leopard kill maybe????

Dassie eating? good idea for lonehill as the population is at 4X its carrying capacity at present cos of people feeding the things!

Dassies taste like mutton.