Specialized Comp MTB Shoe

Kevin07

I have  pair of the new (2014) comp shoes, and while they are really comfortable I do struggle to get them on due to the new "turning ratchet" mechanism thinghy.

My biggest issue though is that the draining and ventilation is a bit iffy! The shoe is fully sealed, except above the toes. So any water (or sweat during a spin class) has nowhere to go. You can fill it up with water, and an hour later it will still be full of water.

Might be nice for cold winter rides, but sheez after a spin class yesterday I was sloshing back to the changing rooms.

Anyone riding with a pair of the 2014 sport shoes? I am looking at the 2014 comp or sport shoes, any thoughts?

End up going with the new Specialized sport.

Got them for a good price and they look cool too.

did they not have WHITE ones in stock?

• 2 weeks later...

I have  pair of the new (2014) comp shoes, and while they are really comfortable I do struggle to get them on due to the new "turning ratchet" mechanism thinghy.

My biggest issue though is that the draining and ventilation is a bit iffy! The shoe is fully sealed, except above the toes. So any water (or sweat during a spin class) has nowhere to go. You can fill it up with water, and an hour later it will still be full of water.

Might be nice for cold winter rides, but sheez after a spin class yesterday I was sloshing back to the changing rooms.

Any change with the ventilation issue yet? 

Any change with the ventilation issue yet? 

Not an issue when out riding your bike at all so far. But if it rains, might be another story.

I'll just never wear them to a spinning class again.

My 5c woth of advise (and YES I have a pair of the 2014 COMP's too) is DON'T buy them !

Stick to the 3 strap (SPORT) SPEZ shoes rather...

The comps (as previously stated) don't breath at all and I find that after every ride the BOA (ratchet) loosens during the ride. Its not noticeable while you are cycling, but when I finish  the shoe holding on my foot is a lot more "free" which it shouldn't be.

Personally, I don't like the Comp's and I should have gone with my gut feel and bought another pair of the SPEZ SPORT's as my old pair has lasted me 8 years of MTB'ing thus far with no issues.

Do they still have the older stock at good prices?

Nope - no old stock, but he's got the Spez SPORT mtb shoe for R1100

My 5c woth of advise (and YES I have a pair of the 2014 COMP's too) is DON'T buy them !

Stick to the 3 strap (SPORT) SPEZ shoes rather...

The comps (as previously stated) don't breath at all and I find that after every ride the BOA (ratchet) loosens during the ride. Its not noticeable while you are cycling, but when I finish  the shoe holding on my foot is a lot more "free" which it shouldn't be.

Personally, I don't like the Comp's and I should have gone with my gut feel and bought another pair of the SPEZ SPORT's as my old pair has lasted me 8 years of MTB'ing thus far with no issues.

Thanks for the info, I considered choosing the Comp over the Sport, but after reading this I think I'll go for the Sport. And the Sport is cheaper which always helps....

Archived