[Event] Die Burger MTB Challenge

Dirtopia MTB Events

55 members have voted

1. 1. Is it a good idea?

• Yes
    • No

Does anybody know what the total ascent is for the 42 km?

I'm sure I read somewhere its about 1300m..

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year I started in D which I thought was way too high and ended on a 4h06 for the 60km.

This year they stuck me in C group ! - that cant be right? I wonder if one is allowed to start further back or is there not much chance I am going to hold back faster riders?

Last year I got caught up in a huge bottle neck just after the first big clime, probably 8km into the race. Can this be avoided by trying to get over the first climb as quick as possible, or will there be traffic either way? Last year we sat there for probably 15-20 minutes, barely moving. It would be such a great single track if there were no congestion!

15-20 mins... Yoh!

They have changed the start times with 10min between groups instead of 5min... Also that section is a neutral zone now so wont affect your time.

They have changed the start times with 10min between groups instead of 5min... Also that section is a neutral zone now so wont affect your time.

Wonder how many people are gonna forget to tag back in at that neutral zone...

I think the 60km racing snakes will catch me way before that bottleneck. So I apologize in advance ;-)

Edited by BlinkFan

Traditionally the AMARider guys put their tag points on places where you don't fly past - and you hardly can miss them.